Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I just adore everything about the first two pictures of the green library. The color and the lamps and living greenery are wonderful.

IF, and that's a big if, I would only change the position of the table to face the three darling windows. Kind of a feng shui thing for me. Even if I had to have a slightly smaller table to accomplish that, I would.

The sofa and sofa pillows are lovely. I could read at the table for hours. It's soothing and inviting to me.

Thank you for your posts. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have only 3 requirements for a home library:

1. A lot of easy to reach shelves.
  2. A comfortable chair.
  3. Excellent lighting.
Honored Contributor

The 3rd one appeals to me the most, the 1st one is just too much green, although I love the color-its just too much.......I am not that keen on a home library, but have tons of books and love to read, I just don't think it would be a room that would get used that much..... 

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop,  bingo!   That position of the table, moved over to the window, is one thought I toyed with as well!   Would make it perfect.

Honored Contributor

Re: A HOME LIBRARY

[ Edited ]

@Oznell @Queen of shop Moving the table to the window area would allow you to place the loveseat (or is it a couch?) facing the fireplace.  That would be a great place to read also.

Adding:  It's a couch; I can see three cushions.

Honored Contributor

Not at all a fan of the green in the first one. It's too 'off' for me.

I like the second one, with the natural wood, the best.