Trusted Contributor

The green one is a big no for me. Some of the others were okay.

Esteemed Contributor

I was shocked when I saw and actually liked the first one.  Usually I don't care for green at all but, for some reason, that green room is really lovely to me.  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@froggy,  it's called "Hollyhock" by Lee Jofa, a real favorite with designers.  I think it comes in both a cotton chintz and a linen, but not sure.  You can see it used on a couch in a room designed by Mark Sikes:

living-room-mark-sikes.jpg

@Oznell Thanks! I looked it up. Waaay more than is in my budget for a tablecloth! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@froggy,  clearly you have expensive (and to use a Q favorite buzz word), "elevated"  taste!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Any room with books speaks to my soul.

I have a floor to ceiling bookcase in my small sitting room that I adore. Actually, we have books in every room of our home.........I am a true book lover. 

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Regal Bee --  books are an integral part of a home's rooms.  Apart from the joy of reading them, they "physically" lend indescribable warmth.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the Green Library at all. The others are all nice but I am not a fan of the Home Library..just a Reading Nook is fine for me.

Respected Contributor

#6 wins--the more books, the better!

Honored Contributor

Re: A HOME LIBRARY

[ Edited ]

All of these have something to recommend them. I like Miles' library, especially the juxtaposition of the pretty green wall color with the blue and white. I believe I'd seen it before. The disconnect for me, though, is using a long dining type table as a 'library' table. I'm seeing this done more and more, even in living rooms and while it often looks nice, for some reason, I can't quite get into it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the tablecloth and everything else there. If all those added accessories weren't there, the green might be too overwhelming.

But over all it is so pretty!

I like Victoria Hagan's very much too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"