Frequent Contributor

Not only is Jill guilty of doing this but there are others I don't care to name. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I prefer to hear Valerie talk. She is so humble and gracious. Jill pats herself on the back constantly on her shows ~ Valerie gives credit where credit is due and doesn't self-proclaim. Love Valerie.

@pattypeep. I agree with you about Jill patting herself on the back,  I don't admire that in a person.

i love your quote two peas,  and I soooo agree 😺😸 couldn't be more true lol

Honored Contributor

I started watching QVC 14 or 15 years ago.  I remember one day watching new host Antonella Nester sell jewelry and laughing and carrying on -- she was a riot.  She was still very nervous and kept saying she'd get fired because she didn't want to take off the jewelry after it sold out.  Right then & there I became an avid QVC watcher and shopper; I thought how cool of QVC to have hired this absolutely delightful woman, even though she had obviously very little sales experience. 

Jill Bauer's show was on immediately after Antonella, and she had to say a few words about Antonella's jewelry show that just wrapped up.  You could almost cut the tension with a knife, right through the TV.  Jill's look of disapproval and admonishment was very obvious.  I immediately disliked Jill, and felt that way about her for several years.

However, today, I appreciate Jill as the professional, straightforward salesperson she is.  She sees herself as the most knowledgeable, the most professional, the most, etc., etc.  She always does her homework, and comes prepared to sell, not promote herself for a sitcom.  She can definitely be pushy and overly "me, me, me" but I know I'll get all the information about the product.  Jill sells from the perspective of, I'm the expert, all you really need here is me

I also still love Antonella for her great big personality and infectious laugh. While I never seek out Jill's shows, I try to never miss Antonella's shows. Antonella sells from a consumer's perspective and always asks those annoying little questions that I realize, "yeah, I wanted to know that too."    

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Jill's home shows immensely.  I think she's polished, professional and gives plenty of details about what she sells.  She's self assured about what she does and I appreciate that about her.  I also enjoy her sense of humor. 

I think, in general, all of the hosts should not talk so much and allow the vendors to better discuss their products.  I find it to be across the board (and channels), though, and figure it's a part of the on-line shopping experience. 

Frequent Contributor

@perfectstain wrote:

I like Jill. I admit she may be a little much for more reserved viewers. 

I also like Valerie, although I think she can be a little excited about these Chinese-made accoutrements, hehe. And she could definitely slow down on the items that look like they were shot with a glitter gun set on CRAZY. Also..too much mercury glass...totes over it. 

I like her personality, though. And I loved her book she created years ago..she needs to tap back into the style she had then..I miss quality. 

I really believe that Jill is truly passionate and excited about decorating and she has worked with Valerie in the past to make some decent stuff. I loved H209830, even despite the glitter, LOL. I bought 4 of them all at reduced prices and they are gorgeous. I took the red berries off 2 of them and painted the branches brown, also spray-painted the urns white. Now I have 2 year-round topiaries and 2 Christmas topiaries, and I could not be happier. I even put lights on them. They were high quality, so thanks Jill and Val. Smiley Happy 

I might need to do a separate post for this project. 

Anywho, I don't see enough of Jill or Val. I am hoping Val eases up on the whimsy/glitter/mg stuff, though. When she does elegant...it looks decent. 

@perfectstain

Not every designer has to do all styles. She must like glitter and whimsy and does that primarily for her pieces. A wedding dress designer shouldn't be told to do street wear if they don't want to. They do what is to their style and taste. VPH doesn't have to be for everyone.