Esteemed Contributor

Jill has never worked well with others,  she needs to work alone as she doesn't like anyone's opinions or suggestions.   Valerie is the expert on her items plus she has wonderful taste we dont need Jill pointing out the details and where you can place things!😼. She just never  is quiet 😖!!!  I want to hear Valerie speak about her items.  Jill has her own show ,  speak about your items there!!   My personality would never be able to put up with her,  thankfully I never have to 😁

Trusted Contributor

I am disappointed to find the tone of parts of this thread in the holiday forum, which usually is positive and fun.  Jill is doing her job: transitioning between products, moving Valerie from place to place, supplementing what Valerie says, giving details of each item, and notifying viewers of the constantly “ sold out” items.  Jill is responsible for the success of the show.  As I watch Alberti ( it now is Sunday morning)  he also is talking over Valerie, making follow- up comments, and sometimes interrupting.  Like Jill, he is adjusting to Valerie and trying to keep the show on track.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry to see such a negative thread about Jill.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but some responses are just plain rude.

In my opinion, Jill is a stellar host.  She is well-informed, honest, and knows the products in which she's presenting.  Yes, she may be a bit more serious than some of the other hosts at times, but she has a job to do and it's her responsibility to keep the pace of the show and products on track.  She takes her job seriously and I appreciate that.  I don't believe she talks over others.  I think she gives details/information that the vendor may overlook.  She also asks questions that many of us may be wondering about...  

CIJ is supposed to be fun for all who enjoy it.  It's not a time to make personal attacks on anyone for doing their job. 

Respected Contributor

I will also add that I am disappointed to see this kind of post in this forum. Holidays and Home are the two forums that pretty much stay away from negative input.

I like Jill. She is a true professional and I think she is just running over with ideas and is eager to share. I always enjoy her.

Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I am disappointed to find the tone of parts of this thread in the holiday forum, which usually is positive and fun.  Jill is doing her job: transitioning between products, moving Valerie from place to place, supplementing what Valerie says, giving details of each item, and notifying viewers of the constantly “ sold out” items.  Jill is responsible for the success of the show.  As I watch Alberti ( it now is Sunday morning)  he also is talking over Valerie, making follow- up comments, and sometimes interrupting.  Like Jill, he is adjusting to Valerie and trying to keep the show on track.  

---------------

I enjoy Valerie's shows.  I do not use much glitter or metallic decor - mostly traditional colors mixed in with brown wood. 

I also enjoy presentations by both Jill and Alberti. I agree about Jill!  She is very much on point; adds to the show with her ideas and suggestions.  I  like her take on many of the products. I don't think Valerie minds...

Alberti is still so in awe of Valerie!  He kind of trips over himself by reacting so dramatically at all her products.  But he also has a good eye for decor....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624

That's a polite and diplomatic way to say it, "an alpha host".....

Jill can be the star of her AT HOME WITH JILL shows, this is Valerie's Show!!!  Jill is best hosting alone.....JMHO

@Spurt.  I totally agree Jill is best alone.  Jayne Brown is the other Alpha Host and is also best alone.  Have you ever seen Jayne and Jill together?  No, because there would probably be bloodshed.

@Kachina624

That would have to be a PPV and GET YOUR POPCORN READY EVENT ---  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

I do enjoy Jayne Brown --- she gives good information, especially regarding clothing.....she turns clothes inside out and shows you seeming detail, comments on the fabric blend and shares what other host don't.....But she gets frustrated when she was paired with the wrong vendor...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I enjoy watching Jill.....she is the consumate professional host.....informed of her products, knowledgable, an excellent speaking voice and vocabulary. Does she get excited sometimes? You bet 'cha, but I believe it truly does come from a place of passion and wanting to bring the QVC viewers something wonderful. I can admire that because deep down it's genuine.  I've seen her step in for other hosts at a moments notice, model the youthful buddy blankets like a trooper.....You go Jill! 

Respected Contributor

@picco wrote:

I appreciate when Jill takes over and speaks up. Valerie talks so softly you can't hear her half the time. They need to ask her to speak up or raise the volume on her mic.

I have no trouble at all hearing Valerie, even when the host is talking over her. Her voice is soft but she speaks clearly and distinctly.

Respected Contributor

@KailaS

@Grade1Teach

@Regal Bee

i couldn't agree more. i think Jill does a fantastic job with her presentations. She's very prepared, explains every detail about the product, gives measurements, shows (up close to the camera) the quality of the products. Yes, she has a  "take charge" personality. But what's wrong with that? She doesn't merely take charge, she has the knowledge to back it up. I really enjoyed her "At Home With Jill" show tonight. A job well done!

Regular Contributor

I like Jill but I do agree that she needs to tone it down a little.  She constantly talks over and cuts off the guests.  It gets to be a little annoying and I do turn the TV off when Jill is on as her voice is so loud and domineering.