Trusted Contributor

Too funny how different our views are of the hosts.  I saw YHJ last night and thought to myself how refreshing Jill was and I wished she was on more often.  I really do enjoy watching her! 

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

I always enjoy Jill Bauer and ditto for Valerie.  I think they work well together and have been watching the entire time they've been on tonight.  Jill always seems sincere, knowledgeable and well prepared.

I love the holidays and have been "pre-shopping" all month since the kickoff so that I don't miss out on what I really want to round out my decorations and presents for December. 

I also really enjoy Jill and Valerie, and I thought they worked well together.

I definitely cannot say the same for last night's bizarre pairing of Rick and Valerie--either he got thrown in at the last minute and didn't get a chance to do any research, or he really has no clue about home decor (or both?). He asked several eyebrow-raisingly silly questions and had very little to say aside from his usual shouting declarations of "That's great!" and "You do NOT want to miss out on this!"

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching Jill on any show and think she's professional, well researched and I personally haven't really noticed her talking over the vendors. I think she may be a little more serious or reserved than some of other show hosts but I much prefer that to the "entertaining antics" of a couple of them. I appreciate that she focuses on the product and doesn't make the show all about her. I think she works well with Valerie and has a great enthusiasm for Valerie's products. 

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to hear Valerie talk. She is so humble and gracious. Jill pats herself on the back constantly on her shows ~ Valerie gives credit where credit is due and doesn't self-proclaim. Love Valerie.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
New Contributor

It's hard at times to hear Valerie because Jill is so loud and over bearing..  She should shut up and let Valerie present her products and just give updates on the item.  I think Valerie is just too polite and classey to interrupt like Jill does.

Valued Contributor

@WDEK

Here we go again !

Occasional Contributor

I so agree. She rambles as much as Susan Graver and that is dreadful. I refuse to buy the polyester queen anymore because of that and her posing. Barf.Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

I like Jill. I admit she may be a little much for more reserved viewers. 

I also like Valerie, although I think she can be a little excited about these Chinese-made accoutrements, hehe. And she could definitely slow down on the items that look like they were shot with a glitter gun set on CRAZY. Also..too much mercury glass...totes over it. 

I like her personality, though. And I loved her book she created years ago..she needs to tap back into the style she had then..I miss quality. 

I really believe that Jill is truly passionate and excited about decorating and she has worked with Valerie in the past to make some decent stuff. I loved H209830, even despite the glitter, LOL. I bought 4 of them all at reduced prices and they are gorgeous. I took the red berries off 2 of them and painted the branches brown, also spray-painted the urns white. Now I have 2 year-round topiaries and 2 Christmas topiaries, and I could not be happier. I even put lights on them. They were high quality, so thanks Jill and Val. Smiley Happy 

I might need to do a separate post for this project. 

Anywho, I don't see enough of Jill or Val. I am hoping Val eases up on the whimsy/glitter/mg stuff, though. When she does elegant...it looks decent. 

New Contributor
I agree.
Occasional Visitor

I really like Jill and look forward to her shows.  She knows what she's talking about and she and Valerie work together so I don't think she oversteps her position.