Trusted Contributor
On 4/9/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Why can't people just let her be?

Could it be because she goes on talk shows and reality shows and reveals all of her private issues to the world? People open themselves up to criticism by making so much personal stuff public. People like her feed off of the accolades and the criticism.

Honored Contributor
She should stop talking about her weight issues. Just admit she likes being thin and move on.
Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 brii said:

I don't believe anything she says. She's so self-absorbed

I agree with you. We call her Giuliani Rancid.

Esteemed Contributor
I like Giuliana. I think she's good at her job. The racism incident was a big mistake. Only Joan Rivers could have gotten away with it. I do believe those lines were given to her by the writers. They all should have known better. I'm not sure about the editing issues G mentioned this week but I feel she meant no harm and she was genuinely remorseful. On the other hand, I have seen pictures of her from a few years ago and she has definitely lost a large amount of weight, well before her cancer. My daughter has a friend who's on TV all the time. She lives on cigarettes and liquids. In the several years my daughter has socialized with this woman she has NEVER seen her eat solid food. These women, especially those who are at least 40, are slaves to being very slim. I think for some, like Giuliana, it has gone too far. If they get bigger they fear losing their job. It's a very sick system with denial flying around all over the place.
Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Why can't people just let her be?

It's just in some people's nature. There will always be people like that.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor

I agree with you all that think she doesn't tell the truth! I have never cared for her and think she is really an ugly looking gal. She lived in a condo building in Chicago before she married Bill. They both were in downtown Chicago together. One day she came into our health club and was not a very nice person. Would not even speak when we said hello. Bill on the other hand was very down to earth. He is the one that really knows how to make a buck. I don't think without him she would have much. I don't care to watch anything that she would be on. Yes, Bill did buy a lovely house in the Gold Coast, Chicago. She knew about that house and I don't know why you think she didn't. They sold it after making major changes and made lots of money. He knows how to make big bucks. There is nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Sadly, I think she is just doing damage control. She has heard the rumors about her being anorexic and she wants them to stop.

Her weight is between her and her physician... not the public.

ITA

I think she likes being that thin which is FINE. She should just be honest. I don't think it was the tamoxifen. I know many who gained on it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 annabellethecat said:

I always liked her. It's her husband I CAN'T STAND. In the dictionary his picture would be next to the term Alpha Male. Ugh! I used to watch their show. I have seen her on more than one occasion BEG him to hold that baby and he'd joke and ignore her request. He takes the baby everywhere. I never got the idea she didn't WANT to hold and be with the baby she even jokes and calls him a "baby hog".

After everything (it was all on during their show) she went through (almost died) from trying to have a baby, I thought she'd given that up. She said she only had one egg left for the surrogate to use. Maybe they used that up when the last one didn't take.

My guess is her husband being the way he is would rather have a baby or have a surrogate. He'd buy a house and THEN show it to her (in his beloved Chicago).

Anyway, I think she loves her job. She is from Maryland (not far from me). I know of people who knew her growing up. They all say she was a nice person even after she started making a name for herself. She was always kind. She's very family oriented with her parents.

I think she's scary thin too. However, we cannot judge another person when it comes to weight. It is difficult to watch on TV someone so thin. I guess if she maybe wore something at least that wasn't sleeveless, it might help her to look a little heavier. I think in her world thee's no such thing as too thin!!

I really like her husband!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2015 winamac1 said:
On 4/9/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Sadly, I think she is just doing damage control. She has heard the rumors about her being anorexic and she wants them to stop.

Her weight is between her and her physician... not the public.

ITA

I think she likes being that thin which is FINE. She should just be honest. I don't think it was the tamoxifen. I know many who gained on it.

She risked her credibility saying that. Everyone saw her before she took tamoxifen. She has always been very thin..
Honored Contributor

I get the impression she just likes being thin.

I'm not sure she ""gets"" how thin she is.