Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 shoekitty said:
On 4/9/2015 erica g said:

She was really, really thin before she got sick so I don't believe a word she is saying.

I am thinking that way. I opted out of Tamoxifen myself. It was a personal choice. That said, I probably know, or have run into 200 cancer patients over the years who have taken, or take it. I talk to them at Events and such. Not one I know of lost weight. Most all gained at least 10 lbs. A huge side effect is uterine problems as well. But it saves lives.

I think she likes being thin, is very weight conscience, and is covering up with Tamoxifen issue. She has had such a back lash, might be damage control. If she likes being thin, so be it. Her choice, and really it is none of our business.

ETA

I was just thinking, Tamoxifen can cause depression, and other disorders, that might make some less hungry?

Shoekitty,

My sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy. Her doctor wanted her to take Tamoxifen for 5 years but she also opted out of doing so after researching. She did not think the risks were worth it.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2015 LipstickDiva said:

There is a long list of side effects with Tamoxifen but weightloss or anything you would think could cause weightloss like nausea and/or vomiting is not a side effect.

Me thinks she's not being honest. In previous interviews she has said she is an eater, loves her food but has a fast metabolism. She said she thought it would catch up to her but so far it hasn't.

Now all of a sudden it's from the Tamoxifen.

Diva - Totally agree with you !!!!! I have many friends that have been on Tamoxifen and not one of them lost any weight...and besides, she's been on it for 4 years....why is it just now causing her to lose all this weight....I have known many anorexic and/or bulimic women...they all are the best at covering up their issue with all the reasons in the world....there is no way all of a sudden she is stick thin due to medicine she started 4 years ago...and there is no way that she is partaking of any food, and keeping it down, that is...just not possible...I just don't believe her.....she's eating and bringing it back up the hard way....anorexics & bulimics never see themselves like others see them and that's why they always have the best of excuses and G is really good at "seeming" to care about her weight issue, but she really deep down is happy she's so thin..you just can't convince them...its like any other addiction...they have to admit they have a problem before it can be fixed....that being said, I still really like Guiliana and wish the best for her and hope to continue to see her on TV.

Honored Contributor

I had Wendy Williams on earlier and there was a woman on with Wendy who I think was from a magazine but I'm not sure. I turned the show on after it started. Anyhow, they were talking about G's weight and Wendy commented that if G would stop talking about it and addressing it, it would go away. Her opinion was there is more going on than what G is saying, not that her opinion matters. LOL

Honored Contributor

In my younger days, I was painfully thin. But never (thankfully) as thin as she is. I find it almost uncomfortable to watch her. I'm sorry, but that thin just can't be healthy.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/9/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Why can't people just let her be?

I'm not sure what the point was of her being on Dr. Oz but IMO if she's going to put herself out there talking about her weight, then she has to expect comments. And if she's going to say something, she should be honest rather than lying.

It's her body. If she wants to be that thin it's her choice and she should own it and not make stuff up. She should just tell people she wants to be thin, likes being thin and works to say thin and to stop worrying about her weight and worry about their own.

Of course, I'd be a PR nightmare if I was a celeb. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!
Regular Contributor

I too gained weight on tamoxifen. She looks like a cancer patient who is experiencing ""wasting"" I believe it's called but since she says she's cancer free it hopefully can't be that. Something isn't right that's for sure and I think most people are mentioning it from concern and not necessarily just to be critical except for the internet bullies. And I wonder what Kelly Osborne is referring to when she infers she's lying. About what??

Contributor
My mom and aunt both took tamoxifen and gaining weight was definitely not a side effect. If she is using this as an excuse for what appears to be an eating disorder, then I find this despicable.
Frequent Contributor

My daughter was taking Tamoxifen it made her gain weight, very tired and she said it felt like her bones hurt. I don't believe you loose weight taking this medication.

Esteemed Contributor

I had friends when I was in my 20s that were athletes and very thin, it disrupted their menstrual cycle. When they married and wanted children, they were told by their physician to gain some weight.

Honored Contributor

On a similar note, I was watching What What Happens Live last night on Bravo and the guests were Bethenny Frankel and Isaac M. I'm not a big Bethenny fan but apparently on a previous show, Dr. Dubrow from the reality show Botched had said that out of all the housewives, Bethenny needed a makeover and he would feed her because she's too thin.

Andy asked Bethenny to comment on that and she said she's thin, she has a line of skinnygirl products, she likes being thin and that's it. Kudos to Bethenny for an honest answer.