Valued Contributor

Re: Linea Palm Frond Suite...

Mmmmmm. Happy about this. My longer length palm frond arrived yesterday and since I opted NOT to get the more expensive short palm frond necklace I was really pleased, as some mentioned here, to see that I can indeed double the long one and get a really nice look even around a turtleneck top. I like arranging the palm fronds so that 2 of them meet in front with the pointed tips facing each other. It's a "lighter" look than the short palm frond would be but I really like it Smiley Happy So I definitely ended up getting more than I bargained for going for the long necklace. Of course, not doubled, it is a total wow on a slew of Linea jackets, including the ottoman/milano jacket. It's long enough to wear on the "outside" of a jacket, tucked under the collar and lapel and looks SO classy that way.

This is such an unusual, interesting and beautiful piece. I'm CAREFUL with it since it arrived safe and sound but all in a snarl. I carefully unthreaded all the "knots", which only took seconds, but I learned right away that the articulated pieces of the fronds will catch on the small pearls and chain. This doesn't mean I intend to "baby" it, just that I'll be treating it with "respect".

Respected Contributor

Owl, I baby mine too. It's too nice to casually toss it in the box or whatever. It can get in a jumble so easily and it's difficult to carefully extricate all the pieces. I decided to hang mine and not lay it in the drawer, and it has been fine like that.

It is fun to try to do things with the separate palm leaves to create a design when the necklace is doubled. I've found several I love and it looks like a completely new necklace, rather than the long way, which is fantastic on its own.

Glad you like it!

Valued Contributor

Author -

Thanks for the good advice about hanging it. That's what I will do. Right now it is carefully stowed in a jewelry drawer but I knew that was only a temporary answer. Will set it up hanging on my Joan Rivers jewelry organizer with velcro straps TODAY! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

1jac, I thought you (and maybe some others) might enjoy this small segment of the interview:

Thought better and deleted it.

Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Goldie76 said:

1jac, I thought you (and maybe some others) might enjoy this small segment of the interview:

Too bad Goldie. Why don't you reconsider. I would love to read it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 1jac said:

<em>1jac</em>, I thought you (and maybe some others) might enjoy this small segment of the interview:

1jac, did you get to read it after I posted it briefly again? I hope so.

Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 1jac said:

<em>1jac</em>, I thought you (and maybe some others) might enjoy this small segment of the interview:

1jac, did you get to read it after I posted it briefly again? I hope so.

Goldie I was out and just got back. I must have missed it!
Honored Contributor

Here ya go, 1jac. And I had the presence of mind to provide the last iteration with consistent capitalization of "moon." At this point, I might as well leave it up rather than be coy. Keep in mind that this segment comes well past the mid-point of the interview. My paragraphing has not been followed either. For me, it looks good, but once it goes into the body of this thread, paragraphing gets smooshed.

Valued Contributor

Very nice writing (no surprise there) Goldie and fascinating topic.

Reminds me of that now-famous interchange which is also now its' own google topic ~ "Isaac Mizrahi Moon" ~ between Shawn Killinger and Isaac as to what exactly the moon is.....planet, star, cheese? Smiley Wink The years do indeed make those middle school science classes dim. And we sadly did lose interest societally in lunar exploration, didn't we? Your article reminds of the excitement we all once felt...

Valued Contributor

Thank you GOLDIE for giving us the opportunity to read part of your interview. It was fascinating, and brings back memories that we baby boomers can reflect on, the race to space. Sadly, its just a memory now. I enjoyed the comparisons to GRAVITY as well.