Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea Palm Frond Suite...

My gosh. The necklace is lovely, but I just looked, and the price is $136. That's a lot for even quite nice costume jewelry......

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 GoodStuff said:

My gosh. The necklace is lovely, but I just looked, and the price is $136. That's a lot for even quite nice costume jewelry......

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Have you priced Chanel costume jewelry?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2015 Sheesh said:

Enjoy! Did you get the gold earrings? I got the long Silver and Earrings last year. I think I'm "going for the gold"--all three pieces, this year, but I haven't hit the Submit button yet.

Yep! Just ordered them. I'm tempted to get the long necklace in gold, too...

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 GraceCO said:
On 3/13/2015 Sheesh said:

Enjoy! Did you get the gold earrings? I got the long Silver and Earrings last year. I think I'm "going for the gold"--all three pieces, this year, but I haven't hit the Submit button yet.

Yep! Just ordered them. I'm tempted to get the long necklace in gold, too...

I'd better get mine before they are gone again, but I'm trying to not be so self-indulgent---it's not working, apparently!

Respected Contributor

I have to say this is not ordinary Fashion jewelry. It doesn't look mass produced or common. It looks like a piece you would find in Saks or Neimans for much more money.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Sheesh said:

My gosh. The necklace is lovely, but I just looked, and the price is $136. That's a <em>lot</em> for even quite nice costume jewelry......

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Now there's a question out of the wild blue...... {#emotions_dlg.confused1} We're talking about a "TV shopping channel".......not a "TV shopping Chanel"......

Respected Contributor

My gosh. The necklace is lovely, but I just looked, and the price is $136. That's a <em>lot</em> for even quite nice costume jewelry......

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Now there's a question out of the wild blue...... {#emotions_dlg.confused1} We're talking about a "TV shopping channel".......not a "TV shopping Chanel"......

You say "potato" and I say "potaahto"---they are both Designer Costume Jewelry (and yes, I am putting Louis in the same category as Karl Lagerfeld) and if you put a Chanel name tag on the LDO Palm Necklace you'd be adding at least a zero to the end of the price and you wouldn't be getting any better quality. The LDO quality on that necklace is superb and it is truly a bargain.

Trusted Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

You say "potato" and I say "potaahto"---they are both Designer Costume Jewelry (and yes, I am putting Louis in the same category as Karl Lagerfeld) and if you put a Chanel name tag on the LDO Palm Necklace you'd be adding at least a zero to the end of the price and you wouldn't be getting any better quality. The LDO quality on that necklace is superb and it is truly a bargain.

It does look like a very nice necklace; I'll respect your assessment. I have only one piece of LDO jewelry, which I bought on clearance, and frankly that piece is OK, but certainly not "all that". But perhaps this one is exceptional.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

It does look like a very nice necklace; I'll respect your assessment. I have only one piece of LDO jewelry, which I bought on clearance, and frankly that piece is OK, but certainly not "all that". But perhaps this one is exceptional.

GoodStuff, if you like the look of gold and a dramatic piece, please trust us that this phenomenal piece is one you don't want to miss.

The price really hurts; pinches like a bad shoe. But the necklace is soooo gorgeous, and you submit to the pain. While you eat your Ramen, wear this lovely necklace... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

[Knowing how I am continually misunderstood on e-mails (is Mercury still in retrograde?), let me clarify that I am endorsing buying the necklace. The amount stings each of our pocketbooks according to our cash flow (or it doesn't sting at all, depending on that cash flow). Speaking for myself, even though the necklace was a bit of a financial stretch, I don't regret buying it for a moment. And no, I did not have to eat Ramen. Food comes first in this house.]

Trusted Contributor

Well.......I do love me some drama.......and even at $136 for costume, it's better than some of the faux stone pieces Ms. Ripka is foisting off on the faithful for seriously big bucks! Zowie.