Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea Palm Frond Suite...

On 3/13/2015 author said:

I have the long palm frond necklace in silver and it is incredibly stunning. I wore it shopping the other day and when I was leaning over looking at things it kept getting in the way, so I doubled it around my neck and it was even more fantastic!

The movement in each leaf (much like in the iconic fish necklace) makes the necklace fit itself over your neck and collarbone, and it drapes and moves with you, reflecting light in different ways. It's truly one of the best necklaces I own.

Also have the silver palm frond earrings, a real adventure for me to get something so dramatic and long, and they are indeed a statement, and so beautiful. I plan on wearing these a lot this summer, with no necklace.

It's good to know the shorter necklace is so nice as well! I passed on any new Judith Ripka pieces this week because Linea jewelry is starting to be a big part of my wardrobe now, affordable yet expensive looking, and noticeable in its uniqueness.

I love your review! I had ordered the long silver one several weeks ago, then canceled it because of the price for it not being silver (even though I know it's made well). Now I feel like ordering, because I'm thinking I would love to wear it doubled, but I wasn't sure if it would look good that way. Thank you. The shorter necklace would be too much for me, I don't think I would get that much wear out of it.

Contributor

Thanks to TheOwl, and everyone for your input. I decided to go for the gunmetal choice in the long palm frond necklace and earrings because I think I will get the most wear out of them.

I love the short palm frond too, but I don't think I would wear it enough to justify its purchase at this point in my life.

I hope everyone enjoys her pieces!

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 misschristy said:
On 3/13/2015 author said:

I have the long palm frond necklace in silver and it is incredibly stunning. I wore it shopping the other day and when I was leaning over looking at things it kept getting in the way, so I doubled it around my neck and it was even more fantastic!

The movement in each leaf (much like in the iconic fish necklace) makes the necklace fit itself over your neck and collarbone, and it drapes and moves with you, reflecting light in different ways. It's truly one of the best necklaces I own.

Also have the silver palm frond earrings, a real adventure for me to get something so dramatic and long, and they are indeed a statement, and so beautiful. I plan on wearing these a lot this summer, with no necklace.

It's good to know the shorter necklace is so nice as well! I passed on any new Judith Ripka pieces this week because Linea jewelry is starting to be a big part of my wardrobe now, affordable yet expensive looking, and noticeable in its uniqueness.

I love your review! I had ordered the long silver one several weeks ago, then canceled it because of the price for it not being silver (even though I know it's made well). Now I feel like ordering, because I'm thinking I would love to wear it doubled, but I wasn't sure if it would look good that way. Thank you. The shorter necklace would be too much for me, I don't think I would get that much wear out of it.

Glad I helped you decide! I never intended to double the long palm necklace but it can be adjusted to get a look you like by moving the leaves here and there. Even when it is haphazard, or moves as you wear it, it still looks great. And it looks like silver, not costume jewelry, very believable and beautiful. Hope you love yours!

Valued Contributor

I bought the short necklace in gold when it was first presented. I have many of LDO's pieces (not the other 2 in this suite however) and I must admit I have never worn it. I always considered it to be worn for a dressy occasion. Has anyone worn this short piece with his beautiful WK turtlenecks? I have so many and I especially love to wear them with the matching WK pants in the same color. I have an event today and I was planning on wearing the HG turtleneck and WK pants. Would the short necklace work with this?
Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2015 1jac said: I bought the short necklace in gold when it was first presented. I have many of LDO's pieces (not the other 2 in this suite however) and I must admit I have never worn it. I always considered it to be worn for a dressy occasion. Has anyone worn this short piece with his beautiful WK turtlenecks? I have so many and I especially love to wear them with the matching WK pants in the same color. I have an event today and I was planning on wearing the HG turtleneck and WK pants. Would the short necklace work with this?

I would absolutely wear it with a WK-T-neck....and I will as soon as I order mine!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 1jac said: I bought the short necklace in gold when it was first presented. I have many of LDO's pieces (not the other 2 in this suite however) and I must admit I have never worn it. I always considered it to be worn for a dressy occasion. Has anyone worn this short piece with his beautiful WK turtlenecks? I have so many and I especially love to wear them with the matching WK pants in the same color. I have an event today and I was planning on wearing the HG turtleneck and WK pants. Would the short necklace work with this?

1jac, I've worn mine with the long-sleeved ruby red WK and a simple bottom for movie and pizza with a friend. With that knowledge, you must know that I would wear it with a T-neck. This necklace, I think, can cast a different level of fashion with whatever mood one is in. I'm not kidding; that is how I see it.

Never forget that it is all in how one carries oneself. As we age, there is an additional caveat and that is that we cannot be as extreme as when we were younger. Unless, of course, one is Iris. So, in the end, the grandes dames of fashion -- the "daristas," if you will -- can pull off anything. The beautiful short Palm Frond would be a simple trick for them.

Valued Contributor

On 3/16/2015 Goldie76 said:

1jac, I've worn mine with the long-sleeved ruby red WK and a simple bottom for movie and pizza with a friend. With that knowledge, you must know that I would wear it with a T-neck. This necklace, I think, can cast a different level of fashion with whatever mood one is in. I'm not kidding; that is how I see it.

Never forget that it is all in how one carries oneself. As we age, there is an additional caveat and that is that we cannot be as extreme as when we were younger. Unless, of course, one is Iris. So, in the end, the grandes dames of fashion -- the "daristas," if you will -- can pull off anything. The beautiful short Palm Frond would be a simple trick for them.

GOLDIE- You always have such a wonderful way with words! I hope your work involves writing, your prose is always a joy to read. We are the conquering "Daristas". I've added a little flourish and I can't help seeing stallions (white of course) somewhere in there. I do agree with you - you can carry anything off with a little confidence and attitude. I can see myself reaching for the Palm Frond necklace more frequently in the future. Thank you for your insight.
Respected Contributor

Never forget that it is all in how one carries oneself. As we age, there is an additional caveat and that is that we cannot be as extreme as when we were younger. Unless, of course, one is Iris.

Yes! Iris would wear at least two, possibly three of the short Palm Frond Necklaces at once---staggered in length, don't you think? Think the "bib of bibs"!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

1jac, thank you for the high-octane compliment. Yes, most of the time I do get paid to write. In years past, I did systems analysis (how old that term seems now) and produced reports, user documents and proposals along with that post.

These days, my work might be straight reporting, creative pieces or interviews. I still do meat-and-potatoes office assignments as well.

Recently, I was privileged to interview "the last man on the moon," Eugene Cernan. They don't make them like that anymore. This past weekend, a documentary on Cernan (aptly titled The Last Man on the Moon) was shown at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas. I hope it does well.

Valued Contributor

1jac, thank you for the high-octane compliment. Yes, most of the time I do get paid to write. In years past, I did systems analysis (how old that term seems now) and produced reports, user documents and proposals along with that post.

These days, my work might be straight reporting, creative pieces or interviews. I still do meat-and-potatoes office assignments as well.

Recently, I was privileged to interview "the last man on the moon," Eugene Cernan. They don't make them like that anymore. This past weekend, a documentary on Cernan (aptly titled The Last Man on the Moon) was shown at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas. I hope it does well.

Goldie - Thank you for your response. Your work sounds fascinating. I always thought you were a writer and happy to realize I was correct. I googled your astronaut, how exciting that must have been to interview someone who has actually been on the moon. How many people can say that? That must have been quite a thrill.