Trusted Contributor

I watched a few minutes of the presentation this morning and had to turn it off.  WHY does she have to SCREAM through the entire presentation?  

Honored Contributor

yellow919 wrote:

I think I am getting a magazine for the mop also.  I think the magazine might be interesting.  Not buying many in the store because they are getting a little pricey.  If I find I do not like the magazine I will donate to a doctors office.  They never have good magazines to read LOL.  I did order the glasses.  In my last set I think I received 4 plus the sunglasses.  I love her sunglasses.  I think my sunglasses may be the same shape of this new set of glasses.  I am really interested in the computer glasses.  I keep a pair of glasses at work, I keep one in my purse. I have a pair on now.Smiley Happy

that is a very thoughtful idea @sunshine 919 ,.....i also suggest nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and break rooms at work. there is usually someone interested in reading a magazine.

when i am in my apt in san diego we have a common area laundry room. there is a shelf there that people put used books, magazines, and catalogs. to share.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

absolutely love her readers. if you dont want the subscription it is easy to send in the form and a copy of your receipt. it brings the set down to $21.95.....they are worth more than $30+ easily. i cannot tell you how many pair i have, but i love matching them to my outfits and i like that i can have one in every room.

i bought a set. these are a different shape than some of her other glasses so they will be a bit different than the ones i already have. LOL i agree with shannon.....they should be stockpiled.

i sent about six overseas to some family members about a month ago.

I'm going to disagree about it being easy. It's not only not easy, it costs me money. I don't mail anything, which means I do not own stamps or envelopes. And if I want to buy stamps, I need to buy a whole book at a time, I can't buy one stamp unless I make a special trip to the post office. So that "easy" to mail card means I have to spend money on stamps and envelopes that won't get used for anything else.

It would be easy if they allowed us to do it online, but they don't.

Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano Readers

[ Edited ]

I don't actually need more readers...but I am very interested in the computer glasses.  If you decline the magazine subscription, the price is beyond crazy good.  Hmmmmm I'll have to mull it over.

@ChynnaBlue Thanks for the reminder that not everyone has stamps and envelopes at the ready.  I am a dying breed who loves to send hand-written notes, so stamps and envelopes are plentiful in my house.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

absolutely love her readers. if you dont want the subscription it is easy to send in the form and a copy of your receipt. it brings the set down to $21.95.....they are worth more than $30+ easily. i cannot tell you how many pair i have, but i love matching them to my outfits and i like that i can have one in every room.

i bought a set. these are a different shape than some of her other glasses so they will be a bit different than the ones i already have. LOL i agree with shannon.....they should be stockpiled.

i sent about six overseas to some family members about a month ago.

I'm going to disagree about it being easy. It's not only not easy, it costs me money. I don't mail anything, which means I do not own stamps or envelopes. And if I want to buy stamps, I need to buy a whole book at a time, I can't buy one stamp unless I make a special trip to the post office. So that "easy" to mail card means I have to spend money on stamps and envelopes that won't get used for anything else.

didnt realize that some people dont keep stamps on hand......we still do use the usps so i dont have a problem finding a stamp or an envelope.

i do think that donating the magazines is an excellent way to pay it forward though. $35 for a set of ten readers is worth it, even if you dont want the magazine.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I love her readers. I have the set that was offered as a TS a couple of years ago, and I have them stashed throughout the house. I picked up this TS as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I have lots of her readers.  Many I have either managed to lose or they have broken over time.  I welcome this new set.  The price point and quality if much better than going to a drug store or a dollar store and picking them up one by one.  As for the style, I will know when I get them if they are right on me.  Usually I wear a more square look.  

Respected Contributor

I've purchased her readers for half price on clearance.  They are nice quality.  I know some like oversized frames, but the size of the frame on this TS seems overwhelming on everyone I've seen..

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I was thinking of purchasing...though I really need bifocals...what i would like to know....can I take these frames to an optic center and have my prescription put in them...not all at once...but as I need a replacement...I could use a second pair of glasses now...and the frames are so costly as is my prescription....these would be nice to have on hand...if thats possible...TIA.....

Yes you can.   I bought my frames online and took them to Walmart and had the lenses made.   Believe or not, WalMart did a much better job than the expensive optical shop where I had another pair made.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue   I usually get stamps from grocery checkers who sell them.   You have to ask,  they don't advertise this service. 

They want to make it as difficult as possible,  hoping you won't bother canceling.   I don't want to be bother so it's a deal breaker. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment