Honored Contributor

I like her old readers best.   I got a set of bifocals similar to these and there seemed to be some distortion in the glass.   I could only wear them a short time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oops,  they're tacking  on a subscription to Good Housekeeping.   I've been through that hassle before and it's a deal killer for me.   Rats! 

I was just going to say the same thing.  I won't deal with a magazine subscription.  Too hard to get them to cancel.  Not worth the hassle. 

Respected Contributor

I love Joy's (and Joan's) readers.

As for the magazine offer, you don't have to accept it.

Honored Contributor

I wear Tory Burch frames.............Joy's are almost the same.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I love Joy's readers and I got the today's special.  I really like the different colors and mix & match with what I'm wearing.  I have them in my locker at work, in my car, in my purse in every room of my house!  Great value!

Esteemed Contributor

I have Joy's bi-focal sunreaders and like them better than a sunreader purchased from an optical shop which cost over $100.  They are called bi-focals because there are two distinct lenses for looking through... the reader on the bottom and the clear tinted lense middle to top o that you can see without removing the glasses. It would be rather useless to have sunglasses pushed down below the eyes on the nose where many of us place our clear readers so that we can look over the top.  

The Today's Special is a good value and I really do need to replenish my stock of readers, but I'm passing on it because the Wayfarer shape isn't a good one for my

face.  

Honored Contributor

I think I am getting a magazine for the mop also.  I think the magazine might be interesting.  Not buying many in the store because they are getting a little pricey.  If I find I do not like the magazine I will donate to a doctors office.  They never have good magazines to read LOL.  I did order the glasses.  In my last set I think I received 4 plus the sunglasses.  I love her sunglasses.  I think my sunglasses may be the same shape of this new set of glasses.  I am really interested in the computer glasses.  I keep a pair of glasses at work, I keep one in my purse. I have a pair on now.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love Joy's readers and would order this set in a heartbeat.....if the purchase didn't include that magazine subscription.  It's ridiculous to have to go through the hassle of mailing in a form and a receipt in order to cancel the subscription, then wait for a refund.  There should be an opt out button right on the HSN order page.  I don't even mind paying the full $30 price for the glasses without the magazine -- I just don't want the subscription attached to the sale.  Too bad -- HSN has lost my sale.  I'll continue to purchase Joy's readers on amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano Readers

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine 919   Thanks for the "Heads up".   My puppy has destroyed several of mine and it's time to resupply.   I have two pairs of expensive prescription glasses but prefer Joy's readers for reading. 

My terrier is good about shoes - but he LOVES to chomp on glasses - the most expensive, the tastier he finds them!

I LOVE Joy's readers - I just ordered a new set. No crazy polka dots or florals - just a nice, LARGE pair of glasses...I get lots of compliments at work too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano Readers

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of purchasing...though I really need bifocals...what i would like to know....can I take these frames to an optic center and have my prescription put in them...not all at once...but as I need a replacement...I could use a second pair of glasses now...and the frames are so costly as is my prescription....these would be nice to have on hand...if thats possible...TIA.....