Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up at 5am so this will be a very long day. I was just thinking that when this thread first started many years ago that many participating were shopaholics. We saw; we liked; we purchased. Now, we see, we may like but now we evaulate carefully. We may still have a "shopaholic gene" but we know how to handle it, sometimes more successfully than other times.

My only "want" purchase for the month of January has been the Alegria sandals scheduled for a TSV on February 11. I have Vionic sandals but wanted to try this brand. There was an item on AM Style which I really liked but there will be other opportunities and other OTOs, etc. Learning to delay "want" purchases is a big step. We can't have everything we like or want.

The weather is looking great for the weekend, which is very motivating. I will be going to the city on Tuesday for a podiatrist appointment, so I  hope to find some things to take to one of the donation centers.

I am off to have my mid-morning snack of Dannon Low fat greek yogurt in the strawberry cheesecake flavor.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 30)

Good morning!

Kona you have really peeked my curiosity about the Alegria sandles.

Today I have lots of errands to run,  but for now I am drinking coffee and reading the paper,  I really enjoy that on the weekend. 

Watching am style, I really like Leah.

Better get moving 

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_20160130_095039_kindlephoto-180834102.jpg

Rosa--This is a quick shot from the pic in the Insider. $89+ and 5 easy pays right now. European sizing but conversion guide given.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning, great start @KonaKat, & an excellent post, I'm all for it

We're having the lull before the storm, weather wise, so to speak, so we'll enjoy it while it's here, think I'll take a look around the yard to see what I missed last Fall, & play with Sadie for awhile, she loves playing "catch"

Also have to get my gray roots covered up, seems like that time comes faster & faster, why oh why did I ever start??

Hope all have a great day

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all,

Jean, nice shoes and thanks for starting us off this morning.

I enjoy starting my Saturday with AM Style and Leah. 

The let's buy a new handbag urge struck me the other day.  I was able to quiet it by browsing an enormous amount of handbags online.  I overwhelmed myself and was sick of looking at handbags after awhile - mission accomplished, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Spix--I've read about the upcoming storm; apparently our area will not get hit hard with it...hopefully, that remains true. Oh yes, the hair color! I tried doing my own for a period of time but really missed the look the stylist gave me. I also decided I deserved a little treat, so I went back to the stylist to do it. She can mix colors to get the effect I like.

Bernie--I had an attack of "Let's buy a handbag" this morning when I saw a Tig crossbody presented. There is nothing like the right sized crossbody to perk my interest. I talked myself out of it as I have some that are perfectly good. In addition, I bought a Michael Kors crossbody of decent size and wallet for Christmas. Enough is enough. The mantra is "shop the closet" but it is hard to resist new temptations. Good job on resisting the handbag purchase!! One of the neat things about shopping all the choices online is that there are so many options that it makes it difficult to narrow them down for a decision. As a result, when that difficulty presents itself, the best decision is not to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks got starting Jean....I like those sandals..what color did you get?  I have a pair of the Alegria lace up ankle boots in black that I bought back in Nov. I had seen them presented and just could not get them out of mind for days...they are the Euorpean sizing too and fit just fine and are comfortable.  I may have to try these sandals!  How is your foot doing,are you wearing that boot?

Bernie that was a good lesson as to checking out all the handbags and finally ended up with nothing.....I will have to remember that.

Rosa have "fun" doing all your errands today...it's nice here about 33 and sunny.  Getting warmer every day they are saying on Wednesday 60 degrees!!!!Yay, I'm for that.

Twinny you had mentioned  Michaels craft store the other day...we are getting one near me....I have never been in one,in fact we don't have any craft stores near me...the sign is up but not sure when they will open,they have been doing work in the store for months,it was an old Walgreens that I never went into.

Not much here Inhad lost some posts the last few days, not sure why as it hasn't happened in awhile.  I am reading a Stephen  King book,Mr. Mercedes, haven't read one of his in years,this I am liking.  Have you read it Jean?    I think that's what I will be doing most of the day !

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. What color Alegria did you get?  It is sunny & 40's today and tomorrow.  I also need to start handbag shopping from my closet.

Rosa,  I had toast & coffee for breakfast as I am going out with friends for lunch.

BIRD MAMA, Good luck with putting up new curtains & rods.  I am sure they will look very nice.  Oh, the bracelet is beautiful.

SPIX,  I hope that our soon to be meteorologist nephew is wrong with the snow storm that seems to be headed our way.  We need snow badly but not a foot or more at one time.  Right now we are at least 10" short of our yearly average.

Yesterday's meeting with mom's palliative care/ hospice Dr. was a relief for me.  He told mom that she will not be going back home as she would not be safe.  Right now she is mad at me & the world.  I am peace as it has been very difficult trying to make the right decisions.  Mom often complains that nobody talked at lunch time ( they have memory problems worse than she does) so they are going to try to take her to their other facility across the street.  DH & I take games out but have decided to leave some of them out there.

It is so nice to see sunshine again. 

Tomorrow DH& I will be going to the visitation or our dear friends SO.   No service is planned.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I spend a lot of time reading and really enjoy Stephen King. I joined that Kindle Unlimited reading plan, so for my $10 a month I have been indulging in some really great books...some I would not have considered because of the price despite excellent reviews. I also indulge in the free books that I can keep. If you want to read a really great Stephen King book, read "Cell." Because of the abundant use of cell phones, it gives you an uneasy feeling about what could develop.

Twinny--I am glad that you and the doctor were able to talk to your mother. You are doing what is best for her, but I know the comments she makes can really hurt when you are trying your best. These are the shoes I got. The print is called "zesty."

alegria.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I've spent a lazy afternoon watching a couple of Tom Hanks movies on TNT. While doing that, I did do some thinning out of little used magic potions that failed to live up to promises. I've decided what best works for me, so I will be using them. I also logged my food intake at MyFitnessPal. I needed to get back to doing that as careless habits were sneaking in with the winter season.