Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about.....

On me - not a fan. I tried it a few years ago and DH commented. He didn't like it. DD and her friends wear it; none of my friends do!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it works -- others, not.   A full-length mirror is your best friend.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I've been doing this for years.  I like it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

When this style was first popular, I hated it.  Then I slowly started trying the untucked blouse with shorter jackets and started to love it on me.  I'm usually a late-bloomer.   For a couple years, wearing this style with my leather moto jackets was my "uniform."     Now all my motos hang unworn in a spare closet and I've moved on........   But, to answer your question, I love the look with some lengths of blouses, and waist-length jackets.  It has to be the perfect combination of lengths, fabrics, textures, etc.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Just can't wear them.  I don't feel in style, I feel sloppy.

Honored Contributor

I do this all the time.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

When this style was first popular, I hated it.  Then I slowly started trying the untucked blouse with shorter jackets and started to love it on me.  I'm usually a late-bloomer.   For a couple years, wearing this style with my leather moto jackets was my "uniform."     Now all my motos hang unworn in a spare closet and I've moved on........   But, to answer your question, I love the look with some lengths of blouses, and waist-length jackets.  It has to be the perfect combination of lengths, fabrics, textures, etc.

@tototwoI could of written this myself.  I didn't care for it at first but with certain types of blouses I do wear my shorter moto jackets with them.  I myself love the look.

Honored Contributor

Totally depends on the proportions.  Some look good, some look awful.

Honored Contributor

Like others here I grew up in a time when we never let blouses and tops hang out under a blazer, coat, or jacket.  Everything was tucked in or shorter than the outer layer. 

I don’t like the first 2 photos of the women posted because IMO the tops under the jackets are way too long. It’s all about proportion for me. I will wear a longer layer under a  shorter jacket if the proportions work for me. I have worn the look both to work and as casual wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

preferred look.jpg

More often than not I'll pick A over B

Just send B my way.  Love, love, love.

@Still Raining 

Admittedly she looks adorable either way but that jacket is gorgeous!