Super Contributor

Re: How do you feel about.....

Don't like it - never have, never will, but don't care if others want to wear it. Just goes against all fashion "rules" I grew up with.  

Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

Don't like it - never have, never will, but don't care if others want to wear it. Just goes against all fashion "rules" I grew up with.  

@VancouverUSAgal 

I get it. The inherent polished look of a jacket or blazer is thrown out of whack by a shirt hanging out

Respected Contributor

See the source image

The first time I can remember seeing the look is in the movie Just like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon back in 2005.  I liked the proportions/ratio of the color blends.  I still prefer this look over extremely long blouses under short jackets.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What Not To Wear was really big into this trend.

The 2-3 inch form fitting top showing beneath a jacket

will always be a nice contrasting look.  
Anything longer than that? Nope.

Honored Contributor

The first photo, the white blouse is too long and it does not look good.  It needs to be shorter to get the right look.  Koujrtney actually looks a little slopphy with her look.  So it is NO for both looks.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For me ... depends entirely on the jacket (or sweater) and the shirt, and where I'm going, and what pants I'm going to wear.

There are too many variables to say one way or the other - how I feel about them.  Some look good, some don't look good.  I'm fussy.

I deliberately make some sweaters shorter to let the shirt hang below.

Respected Contributor

I don’t like jackets but I have a light puffer vest I wear over a long plaid shirt, like the black/white in the second photo. I much prefer this look over a classic tailored look. 

Honored Contributor

I am glad we aren't wearing what we wore 10, 20, 30, 40 and more years ago.  It's nice to move forward.  It's nice to find some new anddifferent things to do. 

Honored Contributor

It's not a look I'd duplicate.  I'm not a fan of super short jackets, no matter the top.  I think top a couple inches longer than the jacket looks good.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I don't mind short over long it's several years old.  If the jacket is kept open, the long line of the top from neckline to hem forms a strong slimming vertical.

@ECBG   Most jackets are shorter than the longer tunic length tops that are worn. The only alternative would be what I call a pea coat or car coat or a full length wool coat. Those choices aren't easy to wear getting in or out of cars, etc.