Honored Contributor

shirts that are longer than the jacket worn over them?

white-long-shirt-short-denim-jacket.jpg.webp

6-Short-jackets-with-long-shirts-peeking-out.jpg

Seems to be popular; they're showing a lot of this look. I'm personally not a big fan....

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about.....

I don't mind short over long it's several years old.  If the jacket is kept open, the long line of the top from neckline to hem forms a strong slimming vertical.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure back in 2013, it was very popular.

10-yr old fad?  🤷‍♀️
A078E857-5EA7-436A-9F6F-79B89F042D40.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I just hate the look.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's fine with me.  I think it can be made to look good, but I don't think it should be your go-to for out-to-eat dining, business meetings or office attire.  If you work from home, it is a great idea.  When I went from office in town to my home office, I realized within 24 hours, I was my own secretary, my own office clerk, my own computer repair guy and I would not be able to wear business suits in order to untangle cords in the floor, pull the tray of carbon-filled ink out and ruin my white gabardine pants or jacket.

So, I began wearing pajamas for work (the worn ones) and then I graduated to leggings.  I am fine with casual wear such as this depending on the time, place.  

This is a good look with leggings.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks a whole lot better when ladies that shouldn't wear leggings with a short jacket like I saw this AM.  A long shirt under the jacket whould have covered what should have been covered.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it a lot. I'm petite & I feel that it elongates my silhouette .

Honored Contributor

yes. it's a pervasive 'trend' that's been going on for some time now. Didn't ask for a timeline; just posted some examples and asked what you thought about it..

Honored Contributor

I like it as long as the jacket is free flowing and not cutting you off.

Honored Contributor

It depends.  There was a time years ago, I thought it looked sloppy.  Shirts were always tucked in.

But, now I think it depends on the woman, what she is wearing, colors, and how it looks on her.  Also, like to see a monochromatic look.  Jacket, top, and bottom the same color.  

In the first photo, I think there is too much fabric around her hips and she's cutting her body into thirds using black, white, and blue.  

Second, the shirt is too tight around her hips and don't like this outfit at all.  Her partner needs help, too.