Frequent Contributor

I couldn't agree more...

Occasional Contributor

George,

I am so sorry to see you not there anymore!!! YOU were my favorite designer.  I agree that QVC has saturated their fashion with Susan Graver, Denim & Co, Isaac, & LOGO, none of which I am particularly fond of.  Your clothing has CLASS, something which the mentioned lines haven't got, not to mention their ridiculous price tags.

QVC has been changing for awhile, but, I think they are NOT keeping their ENTIRE viewing audience in mind.  The people that have the money to spend WANT to dress with the CLASS that you have provided. And your eloquence in presenting your product courteously, without constant interruption and talking over the host made me WANT to watch.  The others I normally turn off.  I haven't watched PM Style since Lisa left because who can take the host?  (Just being honest)

If whomever has decision power is reading our comments concerning George Simonton at the Q, PLEASE INVITE GEORGE TO CONTINUE TO OFFER HIS FASHIONS ON AIR.  I thank you in advance as every fan of the ELOQUENT MR SIMONTON.

JTK

Contributor

George had some beautiful clothing pieces and was so neat to watch his laid back presentations, somewhat like Louis Del'Olio, really enjoy them.  Wish, however, they would get rid of Graver and Logo!!!  Susan and her loud mouth and the, whatever Logo is, not sure of what the fashions are suppose to represent.  Haven't seen one model that looks good in them.  Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarilynM wrote:

I may be mistaken, but aren't all the lines mentioned that QVC supports QVC lines. Halson is the next to get the big push.These lines are all ,manufactured by the same company. All the other designers are treated like fringe.

Yes, all of those (and more) are licensed to QVC via Xcel (here's a link to their NYT profile).  They ALL are made by the same manufacturer (who jobs them out to smaller companies)-can't remember the name of the company. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: George Simonton?

[ Edited ]

Way to go QVC by not inviting George Simonton back you have lost me as a QVC purchaser of fashion clothing.

I will pray someone with wisdom picks up George Simonton, because he is a very gifted accomplished Fashion Professor, and extraordinary Fashion Clothes Designer.

Others have tried to emulate his fashions and failed, because George Simonton is truly one of a kind.

Big mistake QVC, now I will follow Mr. Simonton into the higher end stores, which do carry his designs.

George Simonton is a one of a kind multi talented innovative Fashion Designer, and an F.I.T., Professor. He is truly an icon in the fashion industry.

"He is also very highly respected and loved by all in the Fashion Industry, as well as many of his consumers".

As a consumer I also hope a really smart shop at home channel picks up George Simonton, and profits quite nicely from that extremely wise choice.

P.S. So tired of S. Graver and her same old, same old....."too hyper, too talkative, too interrupting, too nervous, too jumpy, and in all honesty Susan is just too full of herself, and too everything in general"...........Also   her above antics most certainly do not display how a gifted mature respected fashion designer should carry herself.

George Simnton had/has vision, was/is innovative. Mr. SImonton is such fun and very informative to listen to and watch.

He is also a multi talented gifted fashion Professional/Professor at F.I.T...... What I also adore about Mr. Simonton is his willingness to share his wealth of tips and other insights into how his items are made. That is wonderful to listen to and learn.

What more could a QVC Consumer ask for?

"Nothing  because George SImonton is what every Fashion Designer/Professional should be, and yet QVC you chose not to invite him back?

"Bad move QVC very.... very..... bad move indeed".

God Bless you George Simonton wherever you are, and I and others wish you continued success in all your personal, and professional endeavors.

"If you do not receive an invite back from QVC I hope another Shop at Home channel will be wise enough to offer you a contract" and meanwhile I will again look for your designs at Lord & Taylor in NYC, and Neiman's at many of their sites as well as on the web..

"You are the best Fashion Designer, and Professor of Fashion Design at F.I.T. Mr. Simonton.

Please  should you or someone who knows you happen to read this, please know you are truly loved by many QVC viewers, especially me as I have at many large walk in closets filled with your gorgeous well fitting and comfortably striking creations.

I purchased many multiples in many colors since the fit, colors, comfort and workmanship are so extraordinary, and I have you Mr. Simonton to thank for that, and so much more!!!

(I have learned a great deal just from listening to you describe how you personally are involved in all aspects of making your creations, and I truly thank you Mr. Simonton for all that I have learned).

"Your awards and global recognition by the Fashion Industry, Your Pupils, Consumers, and Friends speak much more highly of all of your accomplishments, that I ever could, so please keep up the great G.S. fashion innovations, and I for one will hope to find you again at many other stores like Lord & Taylor in NY, and Neiman's at various locations.

Please know many of us QVC members are greatly saddened by QVS's ill choice of not inviting you back, Mr. Simonton, and also please know I and other QVC members are also so greatly relieved, that you are well and not ill.

You earned it all........the hard way. You have earned your admiration and respect by many, and deserve every bit of praise and awards bestowed upon you.

Stay well dear George SImonton, live long and prosper, and I hope you will continue to teach since you also enjoy that,  and also create new fabulous fashion designs, we can purchase on line and in higher end stores.

Thank you & God Bless you Mr. SImonton, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

Honored Contributor

Re: George Simonton?

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

Maybe he'll get picked up by HSN!!!!  (I can only hope.  I loved watching him and have enjoyed everything I purchased from his line.)

I wish he would get picked up by HSN.  The early jackets by George are still hanging in my closet in spite of donating so many jackets including ones from Terry Lewis, etc.  George made some true beauties early on.  Then QVC made him bring in all of those liquid knit style tops due to those being more profitable to QVC.  I stopped buying then.  I loved his jackets!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Bring back George Simonton!  As someone else mentioned, I too have many George Simonton clothing items, jackets, coats etc. designed by George Simonton.  His designs are classic and always stylish.  If George does not return, I will certainly miss him.  I just hope QVC brings him back.  Frankly, there are way too many Graver and Logo shows.  Their clothing is not good quality, it's over priced and both Graver and Lori seemed to have been trained by the same "motor mouth" when presenting their items.  

New Contributor

I'm pretty sure they are doing the same thing to Bob Mackie.  Most of his clothes are on clearance....  That only leaves Louis...  Well, there is always HSN and EVINE

Occasional Contributor

I can not believe what I'm reading. How can you not invite this gentleman to return? Like others I am inandated with Susan Graver. Her fashions are the same liquid knit 3/4 sleeve etc etc. I am not here to bash her line, but please reconsider your decision. Listeningn to,Mr. Simonton is not only a delight but an education. He explains why he chose the fabric, the length etc. not the same old line,or worse stealing quotes from the host. 

I hope he is picked up HSN. Like QVC my loyalty is minimal. I will follow 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@honu wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are doing the same thing to Bob Mackie.  Most of his clothes are on clearance....  That only leaves Louis...  Well, there is always HSN and EVINE

You may be right: Bob Mackie was on Q Plus today. Bob doesn't belong on the second rate Q Plus.