Respected Contributor

I may be mistaken, but aren't all the lines mentioned that QVC supports QVC lines. Halson is the next to get the big push.These lines are all ,manufactured by the same company. All the other designers are treated like fringe.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarilynM wrote:

I may be mistaken, but aren't all the lines mentioned that QVC supports QVC lines. Halson is the next to get the big push.These lines are all ,manufactured by the same company. All the other designers are treated like fringe.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. The net $$$ they make on an item sold by one of their brands is larger than an item from one of the non-Q brands like Linea and Simonton. More money rules the day, they're in business to rake it in. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Occasional Visitor

Put on hold???? Really????

I love GS degins nad have several of them.  They are lovely and hold up so well....unlike a lot of other designers ~ who BTW have raised their prices and lowered the quality on some items.

Very disappointed!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@MarilynM wrote:

Yes, I'm sure you're right. The net $$$ they make on an item sold by one of their brands is larger than an item from one of the non-Q brands like Linea and Simonton. More money rules the day, they're in business to rake it in. 

Bingo! They make it all when it's their designs. They split with the vendors. The Q figures if their design team can do it, why share?

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if they only show lines that they own, or are partial owners.

The good designers are on the way out.

Thats why we're stuck with liquid knit and stretch jersey.

Respected Contributor

It would be interesting to hear the honest scoop from a Q insider.  They obviously do deals with lots of outside companies: Apple, Honora, Serta, La-Z-Boy, My Pillow, Vera Bradly, Clarks etc.  But when it comes to the clothing side of the business, they have really consolidated things.  Remember when Motto was an outside company?  It was young, fresh, cute.  Then the Q bought the line (at least that is what I heard here) and it began to resemble Denim & Co.  Then it was gone.

They are in a hard place -- lots of pressure for inexpensive clothes to compete with JCP, Kohls, Macys, and low-priced retailers -- but then they are trying to appeal to a higher end with GILI.  I'm glad it isn't my job to figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they only show lines that they own, or are partial owners.

The good designers are on the way out.

Thats why we're stuck with liquid knit and stretch jersey.

We 're not stuck with anything.  Vote with your dollars like I do.  I NEVER buy any clothing from QVC that is made of polyester, liquid knit or any other man made material.

If we stop buying it, they will stop making it. 

Respected Contributor

I truly hope evine picks him up.

Frequent Contributor

George Simonton is one of the true icons and representatives of 5th Avenue, Woman's Wear Daily publication and all things fashion. This gentleman is a designers' designer and incredible teacher to all of us who love fashion and the history and basics of fashion. In my opinion, QVC has done themselves and their customers a great disservice by not inviting Mr.Simonton back. That is simply unbelievable to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@msvictoria wrote:

George Simonton is one of the true icons and representatives of 5th Avenue, Woman's Wear Daily publication and all things fashion. This gentleman is a designers' designer and incredible teacher to all of us who love fashion and the history and basics of fashion. In my opinion, QVC has done themselves and their customers a great disservice by not inviting Mr.Simonton back. That is simply unbelievable to me.

They can't dump the leftover Simonton inventory on Zulily, which is geared toward a younger buyer. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop