Regular Contributor

I agree, I have several items by GS and love them...not fond of Lori Goldstein...have seen some of her stuff at the Green Dragon and it looks cheap...

Even Louis D'olio isn't on as much and he has beautiful clothing...

Occasional Visitor

I too, miss all the clothing lines QVC used to have.  The few things I have purchased, I have returned.  

Trusted Contributor

I loved George Simonton and thought he was really talented.  His designs were sophisticated.  It seems that the management at QVC makes bad decisions for customers like me.  I think LOGO is ridiculous with all that layering.  It's somewhat childish the way she layers and lacks any kind of creativity.  I've only ordered two Susan Graver items which were so big on me, I didn't really have the desire to keep trying.  I adore Isaac, but in the past year, I feel maybe QVC buyers are interfering with his design talents.  Either that, or he's just so busy with his pursuits, that he is not as hands on his team.   I have a closet full of his clothing, but returned more than I purchased this past year.  Denim & Company isn't my thing, although occasionally there is a piece that attracts my attention.  In the end, the B&M stores at my mall provide me with many more choices.  I feel the same way about the jewelry.  While OrPaz and Hagit offer some pretty choices, along with Honora, I remember when there were so many interesting vendors on QVC.  They do have a new strategy of offering their "chosen" brands ad nauseum, with  very few unique imported items, etc.  I do like their shoe brands, but often it's better to purchase them elsewhere. 

In the end, I don't watch that much of their programming anymore.  I don't buy much Louis Dell Olio, but I admire his work and am happy the ladies had a campaign to save him.  He was definitely relegated to the sidelines. 

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I loved George Simonton and thought he was really talented.  His designs were sophisticated.  It seems that the management at QVC makes bad decisions for customers like me.  I think LOGO is ridiculous with all that layering.  It's somewhat childish the way she layers and lacks any kind of creativity.  I've only ordered two Susan Graver items which were so big on me, I didn't really have the desire to keep trying.  I adore Isaac, but in the past year, I feel maybe QVC buyers are interfering with his design talents.  Either that, or he's just so busy with his pursuits, that he is not as hands on his team.   I have a closet full of his clothing, but returned more than I purchased this past year.  Denim & Company isn't my thing, although occasionally there is a piece that attracts my attention.  In the end, the B&M stores at my mall provide me with many more choices. ...(snip) ...

In the end, I don't watch that much of their programming anymore.  I don't buy much Louis Dell Olio, but I admire his work and am happy the ladies had a campaign to save him.  He was definitely relegated to the sidelines. 

@misschristy

From various things I've read, I get the impression that the number of returns is one of the factors that determine whether or not a particular designer remains on QVC.

I don't care for LDO at all!

Super Contributor

marsh234... could not agree with you more ....everything you said ...

Frequent Contributor

I agree he needs to return

Frequent Contributor

George S. had lovely clothes.. It is sad that he wasn't asked back. Linea is now

the only other clothing line to look at.

Valued Contributor

This athleisure trend doesn't work for me, as my workplace is "business casual".  Isaac, Halston, Basso, and Dell'Olio are great for that.  I miss Liz Clairborne Smiley Sad and god help me if Talbots ever goes out of business since they have good selection in petites.