New Contributor

I could not agree more with a previous comment.   There are too many shows with Susan Graver and LOGO.  It is too the point where all the LOGO  pieces are all starting to look alike with the exception of different colors and fabric on the bottom.  After a while who wants that look?  I am sick of hearing about "liquid knit" also which is just another pseudo word for get your "polyester".  There was an outfit on over the weekend from this designer that looked like a clown suit!   Bring George back.!  I predict t the outlets are going to be  well stocked because when you get some of this other junk home, you will be sending it back.    .

Occasional Visitor

I just realized that George Simonton has not appeared on QVC in quite awhile.  In my opinion, George was one of the most interesting and fine designers ever to appear on QVC.  Not the same old stuff we see constantly from Graver and Goldsein (among others). And I am apparently not alone in my admiration for him.  Wish he would return.  I have a closet full of his beautiful, creative, stylish clothing which I used to buy on QVC and will now seek him out elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

I think this is a lot of QVC's problems.  There is not the great variety of vendors and on-air guests that QVC used to offer.  They jump on someone's bandwagon, i.e. Logo, Susan Graver, Vionic, Dyson, Judith Ripka, etc. to the exclusion of other great brands.  I like Logo and Susan Graver, but it really is kinda same old same old, as is Denim & Co.  And now they appear to be on the Lisa Rinne bandwagon - oh please.  Not to mention new person trying to revive diamonique, who certainly isn't offering any new and unique designs.  QVC ditched all their innovative diamonique designers like Tacori, etc.  Would LOVE TO SEE GEORGE SIMONTON BACK!!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I was sorry that George was not asked to return.  I enjoyed his shows so much and purchased some items that I liked a lot.

Honored Contributor

Another designer I miss is Victor Costa.

Super Contributor

At one point, I thought George Simonton was going to design a jewelry line for QVC - now that's one I would like to see.  They seemed to have phased out Kenneth Jay Lane that was a jewelry line I loved.

Respected Contributor

Letting George Simonton go was a huge mistake. Whoever was responsible has no sense of class.

Respected Contributor

I agree QVC should have never let George Simenton or Victor Costo go. They both did a great job. I don't consider Logo, Lisa Rimer, and denim & company designer at all. I do like some Susan Graver and she is a trained designer, but I find the prices high now. I buy sometimes but not often. 

Honored Contributor

George Simonton, Victor Costa, Sara Campbell and Louis were their best lines.  They let all of them go and we almost lost LDO.  However, the big issue with LDO is that they don't let him use the nice fabrics he once used.  Now, Isaac uses nice fabrics such as silks. piques, wool gabardine and cashmeres.  I miss the great coats and jackets from George, the beautiful suiting and separates of LDO, the beautiful dresses from SC and the wonderful occasional clothing of VC.

Honored Contributor

During one of his early design phases at QVC, Simonton had some really great jackets, and some fanatastic prints.   Towards the end - his designs changed for the worst.

I wore one of my Simonton jackets today.  A75983.   I bought two of them on a lunch time special a  looooong time ago.  One is bright blue, the other creamcicle orange.   I don't think I paid more than $25 for each one.  

Today, I wore the orange one - it's been hanging in the closet unworn for about 7 years!  Color is quite bright - and it seemed like today was just the day to wear it (with white turtleneck, indigo jeans - the ones with the orange stitching, and a geometric print silk scarf in shades of orange, green and white).

I was surprised at the number of people who stopped to comment on the jacket!