Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering what happened to George Simonton? I haven't seen him in quite a while, nor does he post much on his FaceBook page anymore. I know he's the head if FIT, but he used to be on much more. 

Honored Contributor

sunshine45 wrote:

via facebook 12/26/15:

George Simonton

thank all of you for your concern so many of you have expressed concern thinking I was sick but the truth is i'am well but sad I was told I would be put on hold but I have not been invited back . but I wish them all the best of luck always and to my Friends & Fans please have a Blessed and Healthy New Year !!! 😇💕

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Oh no! Thanks for letting me know. It seems the Q has gotten rid of the better designers, in lieu of just Graver, LOGO, Issac, and Denim & Co., which seem to saturate much of the QVC clothing line. While I do buy from those other lines, there was nothing like the beauty of George's wonderful tops. They made a big mistake putting him on the back burner. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the update on George Simonton.  I too think QVC is making a mistake not asking George to return.  I've always liked his clothes and felt he knows how to design for the female body.  I do wish him all the best.

Respected Contributor

It was insane for QVC to pause his line.  Please reconsider, QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I only bought a few Sinonton items and they were ok.  What I always enjoyed the most about Simonton was his explanations of clothing construction and styling outfits.  He would be a valuable asset to an operation such as QVC with a title of fashion director even if they didn't sell his clothes.  His expertise would be an asset to their ghost design teams, backstage stylists, and the buyers.

Having said that, the fact is QVC is totally vested in LOGO, GILI, Isaac, Susan Graver, and Denim & Company.  Each of those lines have several hours per week dedicated to them.  They seem to be giving the Halston line a fair shot at gaining a solid customer base as they squeeze Halston items into most of the variety fashion shows (such as AM and PM Style).  Liz Claiborne must fair ok when it comes to meeting certain sales numbers because that line has stuck around without much push.  LC certainly doesn't get a lot of love in terms of having TSV's or being featured during fashion hours other than its own dedicated Wed. morning time slot and an occasional late night hour.  Quacker Factory is another long time Q brand which isn't featured as much as it used to be.   It's only due to an extreme campaign by loyal customers that Louis Del Olio is still around. He was on the back burner a few years ago, but his customers were successful in getting Linea back on air.  

Valued Contributor

QVC, YOU ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE IN NOT KEEPING GEORGE SIMONTON-LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!  While I do like the likes of Lori Goldstein and Susan Graver, WE NEED A BIGGER VARIETY IN DESIGNERS.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE bring back GEORGE SIMOTON!!!!!!!!!!!!  His clothes are beautiful, fit well, well priced, and he is a true delight to watch on air!

Honored Contributor

Maybe he'll get picked up by HSN!!!!  (I can only hope.  I loved watching him and have enjoyed everything I purchased from his line.)

Esteemed Contributor

Waaaay too much Logo and Graver....no room for anyone else. QVC is "obsessed" with them. Everyone there is obsessed with everything. Ha!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: George Simonton?

[ Edited ]

When I first tuned into QVC (10+ years ago) they featured lots and lots of brands.  It is interesting to me that their business model now has them so focused on a few.  It must help the bottom line but it isn't quite as fun as seeing one or two offerings from a number of different vendors.

(granted, people still complained about the selection back in those days...but no question there was greater variety).