Honored Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

I agree @sunshine45. The quality of the workmanship plays a part in the price point. I think the price is fair and would not hesitate to buy it if I needed it. I spend whatever I want on clothing because I have a minimalist wardrobe. I prefer just a few things rather than a lot of clothing I buy just because it is inexpensive. 

@Trinity11

But unfortunately many of us have purchased D&C and the quality just isnt there, and you expect at least better qualiity for the price....Read some of the reviews on D&C -the reviewer said she bought pants in several colors and the fit is different on each of them--one leg was shorter than the other on one, another one was also sewn poorly.  I had re-ordered a top in a different color and the fabric was totally different, when I washed it little holes appeared in the thinner fabric. And then there's inconsistent sizing.......So if I can find something similar to QVC, better quality, and cheaper, sizing more consistent---guess where I will shop--------At one time, Sports Savvy & D&C were a clothing option for me.......QVC nixed Sports Savvy and have seen the D&C clothing line decline........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not to even mention QVC and "Skinny" everything! which does not go well with my 68 year old body.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva And where did I claim this was anything else but MY OPINION? I did not. You & some others on this board seem to feel the only valid opinion is yours. Well, guess what - that's not so. Your OPINION is just that and no more valuable than any other posters opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

obviously denim and company is STILL doing quite well according to first quarter results of 2017. i know that my mother is still buying denim and company while also being an "upscale" retail shopper. her favorite qvc brands are denim and company and logo.....with some bob mackie also. she does not feel the quality is sub par at all.

for those of you who have stopped buying or are buying less from dandc , for whatever reason, there are MORE customers who ARE buying dandc.....and they feel the quality for the price is worth it......or they WOULD stop buying.

"Most QVC key brands continue to perform well, with Logo, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver, and Denim & Co. all recording increases in sales this year."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

I agree @sunshine45. The quality of the workmanship plays a part in the price point. I think the price is fair and would not hesitate to buy it if I needed it. I spend whatever I want on clothing because I have a minimalist wardrobe. I prefer just a few things rather than a lot of clothing I buy just because it is inexpensive. 

@Trinity11

But unfortunately many of us have purchased D&C and the quality just isnt there, an you expect at least better qualiity for the price....Read some of the reviews on D&C -the reviewer said she bought pants in several colors and the fit is different on each of them--one leg was shorter than the other on one, another ne was also sewn poorly.  I had re-ordered a top in a different color and the fabric was totally different, when I washed it little holes appeared in the thinner fabric. And then there's inconsistent sizing.......So if I can find something similar to QVC, better quality, and cheaper, sizing more consistent---guess where I will shop--------

I have been lucky and like what I have ordered but I don't order their pants. I am tall and very narrow in the hips..my legs are very thin so capris and pants are too wide on me or the length is too short. Their shirts I purchase and they get a lot of compliments. I never put them in the dryer and iron them when necessary. I have been very happy with my purchases. 

Trusted Contributor

@151949

Agreed!   I don't understand how or why  :/

Respected Contributor

denim and co is mass produced with cheap fabric

and realistically costs a few dollars per item to make

this line is insanely overpriced and unstylish

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11

But unfortunately many of us have purchased D&C and the quality just isnt there, an you expect at least better qualiity for the price....Read some of the reviews on D&C -the reviewer said she bought pants in several colors and the fit is different on each of them--one leg was shorter than the other on one, another ne was also sewn poorly.  I had re-ordered a top in a different color and the fabric was totally different, when I washed it little holes appeared in the thinner fabric. And then there's inconsistent sizing.......So if I can find something similar to QVC, better quality, and cheaper, sizing more consistent---guess where I will shop--------

I have been lucky and like what I have ordered but I don't order their pants. I am tall and very narrow in the hips..my legs are very thin so capris and pants are too wide on me or the length is too short. Their shirts I purchase and they get a lot of compliments. I never put them in the dryer and iron them when necessary. I have been very happy with my purchases. 

@Trinity11

I also never put tops or t-shirts in the dryer and just iron when necessary........I'm glad you've had good luck and are enjoying your purchases.....  I am petite and medium a combination that perhaps isn't compatible with today's D&C .....  sadly quality issues are still there for me........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I like D&Co.  I generally try to buy "as is", and I have a nice collection of (what I consider to be) inexpensive, but comfortable and nice-looking clothes.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva And where did I claim this was anything else but MY OPINION? I did not. You & some others on this board seem to feel the only valid opinion is yours. Well, guess what - that's not so. Your OPINION is just that and no more valuable than any other posters opinion.

I'm not the one that consistently throws out the phrase that some people have more money than brains.  I'm not the one who is consistently trying to tell other people how smart I am because of how I spend my money.  I'm not the one who consistently thinks I should be telling others how to spend their own money.

Many of your posts went beyond just an opinion.  You don't see that.  That is what I was trying to point out.