Trusted Contributor

I've read several threads here on Talbot's fasions so I know someone will be able to give me advice. I have several pairs of Capri pants I'd like to get from eBay and need to know if their sizing runs small/large/true to size? Thanks in advance for the help.

Honored Contributor

Everyone I have seen in Talbots clothing says they do run true to size.  As with all clothing, if a style is designed to be more loose, you might want a closer fit.  Pants shouldn't be a problem.

Contributor

I am a long time Talbots customer, 20+ years, and have always found their sizing to be true to size.  It's one of the reasons that I continue to get my work wardrobe from them for the past 20 years.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots Sizing

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes   I would absolutely not buy Talbot's  pants of any kind from Ebay.  It's taken me years and years to find any Talbot's pants that fit me right.  I think you will be sorry if you order over Ebay.  Talbot's has many, many styles of pants and they each fit differently.  In fact, two pair in the same size and style can fit differently (I experienced that recently).  I always have to try on Talbot's pants and a lot of them don't work, even the couple of styles I know fit usually fit me.  One major problem with Talbot's pants is a big gap in the back at the waist, or rather below the waist because many styles' waistband fits low anyway. 

I urge you to please not buy T pants over Ebay.    Also, I am two different sizes in Talbot's pants, depending on which style they are, and also wear a regular length in Weekend Chinos but a petite length in all their other styles.  And sometimes the petite is too short in a style (making me look geeky) yet too long in regulars.   You definitely need to try on Talbot's pants!

I've posted here before how, at Christmas time while at the store, I talked a couple of strangers out of buying T pants as a gift for someone - because they are almost impossible to fit correctly w/out trying on.

Honored Contributor

I've only tried things on there .... never bought anything so I have limited experience with Talbot's - they appear to be designed for fuller/curvier body shapes.  

My sister and I have the same experience with this.  We can't wear Talbot's clothing.  Nothing fits us.

Respected Contributor

I never had much luck with Talbot structured pants. I think they are cut more for the hourglass shape and I am built more straight. Little waist definition and very slim hips.

The pants would be tight in the waist and swimming on me in the hips and butt.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I never had much luck with Talbot structured pants. I think they are cut more for the hourglass shape and I am built more straight. Little waist definition and very slim hips.

The pants would be tight in the waist and swimming on me in the hips and butt.

I doubt that would be true for all their styles.  They have so many styles of pants going on, and they are cut for many different body shapes.

Respected Contributor

I have to size down at least 1 to 2 sizes in Talbots pants.

I find as a curvy girl there pants do not fit me, but a relative who is as straight as a board no waist or hips she LOVES Talbots

I wear a size 0 in T pants but even in the Curvy fit the waist is HUGE often too big to be altered by a tailor.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the great post Pearley....that helped a lot. I'm always so pleased with the great response from posters here. Many times I read reviews here because there are so many honest and knowledgeable people. Thanks again!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes, My feeling about Talbots is that the sizing and described fits are consistent.  If you happen to be someone who gets a terrific fit in the pants then you wil be consistently pleased.  Vice versa if you hapen to be someone for whom their pants fits don't work well for.  I do urge you to try a pair on in store (if possible). If like me,  the nearest store is more than 10 miles away from my residence and I live in downtown Chicago.  Needless to say it is not a store which I frequently shop, but I have shopped enough to have an opinion about the styles and fits.