Valued Contributor

I thought the shirt was cute, but, couldn't justify spendind over $50 on a tee shirt. D&Co prices to me keep rising. Trying not to buy just to buy. Got to get the bill down. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Denim & Co is not a luxury brand though. Even department stores and other retail stores would have problems selling shirts at full price when the price is more than $50. Everyone is looki g for a deal.

Oh, and by the way, the luxury stores in Las Vegas were empty of shoppers in a lot of the stores that I noticed even though shoppers were in the Shops at the Forum on the strip in Las Vegas on Memorial Day. People were in  the mid price stores like Skechers or fast fashion like H & M though. 

Valued Contributor

Guess we should all agree to disagree! Smiley LOL  No need to argue or put people down.  We all have different opinions, taste and budgets.  I have noticed the same on Facebook.  Seems like people just want to argue and disagree.  If I made anyone feel stupid for paying $60 for a D&C top, I apologize.  Just feel blessed that you do not have to concern yourself with the price of things. 

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I think D & C's prices have really gone up...as have Susan Graver's.  I don't watch Logo shows, so can't comment on that brand.

It makes me wonder...when the Q lowered shipping costs a couple years ago, seems like slowly since that time, prices have been creeping up on clothing...maybe to compensate?!  

@lOVETOSHOP: l think the Q is actually profiting more from their shipping costs than before they changed them. Even though they lowered the fees, they made them non-refundable, and there's no longer a discount to ship multiples of the same item. l believe they're benefiting by these changes. Their quarterly reports to shareholders show that shipping fees are actually a big source of revenue for the Q.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
I'll just add my 2 cents worth here, which is about what it's worth, lol. More power to those who don't think twice about the price and just buy whatever you want. No condemnation from me on that, I used to do the same, when I was working. Now that I am retired, I am more circumspect about how much I will pay for a t-shirt. I relegate t-shirts as something I wear around the house and yard while cleaning, mowing, etc. Maybe to a backyard cookout. I'm not paying $60 for something that will undoubtably not make a 2nd season due to getting stains from said cleaning/yardwork. I don't have a problem paying that same amount for a nicer top that I will wear outside the home and will not take the abuse of a t-shirt. But that is my lifestyle, and we all have our own reasoning about what and how much we are willing to pay for any particular item. I see no need for calling out "stupid" or "cheapskate" here. It's a t-shirt we are talking about, after all, not world hunger.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

I have gotten more crooked necks or one side longer arms or legs in this brand than I've ever had to return locally. They cut corners on quality control, but charge more? 

@StraytoStay

Some shoppers might make an exception to the price if the quality was extraordinary....but with the inconsistent sizing and lack of quality control in D&C COME ON!!!---(I purchased a sleeveless top and the arm hole was so big it not only showed my bra but most of my side as well) --- I've seen better quality at Walmart!  That was my last clothing purchase---I just gave up between the uncompetitive pricing and poor quality I got tired of wasting my money returning things...........Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@151949.. I agree w/ your comments about the ridiculous pricing of a D&C T shirt that now has a $60 price structure. Like another poster said by buying your enabling them with this new higher pricing. D&C used to be a comparatively value priced line. I guess now Gary Gobens salary is somehow being absorbed into each piece. Lol. I was shopping in Macy's, Loft, asstd stores all weekend. Bought nice summer tops, tshirts, bottoms ..Major sales and coupons. No tshirts for $60.00.

@KKlim

Same with me and Dillards!  And Kohls has some nice t-shirts that are nicely made and wear well too..............QVC compares their clothing to boutiques, and boutique prices, but I think the majority of QVC customers don't shop at boutiques and they need to do REAL comparison shopping at regular department and discount stores because D&C and some of the clothing lines are just as comparable but cheaper!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

For me, the problem isn't the price because I've paid more than that and less than that.

The problem for me always is that when I'm spending clothing money for pieces I want to wear more than one season especially -  I want to know I'm getting fit as well as good fabric and good workmanship.

For that reason, I spend more than 95% of my clothing dollars in brick and mortar or occasionally from a company's website when I want another of an item I've already purchased.  By the way, even that doesn't always work -  I've been burned by a company I used to think did nothing wrong.  (Not QVC that time) 

@millieshops

I don't know what stores you are ordering and re-ordering online which are not QVC where you've been disappointed,  but I've been very pleased by my online non-QVC clothing purchases in the fit and even the quality was more than I even expected for the price!! Maybe it's the stores you are shopping with, and perhaps they are cutting back on the quality of their merchandise much like QVC...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

FIRST - modal is a manmade fabric and not at all expensive.Yes, it is very soft, but does not significantly  add to the value of yard goods. Second - just because a person appreciates the value of their money does not mean they are too poor to buy something. It means I don't see the value in this garment. And I do not throw away my money on things that I don't feel are worth the price. That isn't because I'm poor - it's because I'm SMART. One of my Mother's favorite sayings - some people have more money than brains.

You just can't help yourself can you?

What is smart for you isn't for other and vice versa.  You said you don't throw your money away on things YOU DON"T FEEL ARE WORTH THE PRICE.  Do you not see that is just your opinion? 

The recent TSV dress you bought and spent your money on was worth it for you.  For me, it would have been a waste of money.     

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Not sure what's going on with clothing on Qvc? D&C ankle awful! Flared out looking like high waters. Then Dreamshaper swimsuit! Won't even rehash that fiasco. Qvc then you wonder why sales are down. Please, SG over priced poly itchy clothing. WIC cheap 14% butt lifting fabric. HotnHollywood pants that grow like silly putty?! Isaac M, Consistent with correct sizing. Give me Talbots! Speaking of great sale coming up. Posted here on the boards. Woohoo!🙋

@Sweet_Serenity

Good points! And it's not just the D&C ankle pants either....same with their capris, they stick out like flippers!!!.........I've had it with D&C and Q's other clothing lines  too!