Super Contributor

Does it sing and dance?

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I have gotten more crooked necks or one side longer arms or legs in this brand than I've ever had to return locally. They cut corners on quality control, but charge more? 

@StraytoStay

Some shoppers might make an exception to the price if the quality was extraordinary....but with the inconsistent sizing and lack of quality control in D&C COME ON!!!---(I purchased a sleeveless top and the arm hole was so big it not only showed my bra but most of my side as well) --- I've seen better quality at Walmart!  That was my last clothing purchase---I just gave up between the uncompetitive pricing and poor quality I got tired of wasting my money returning things...........Woman Frustrated

@Spurt I think it was your post a couple weeks ago on styling and they showed a seersucker sleeveless shirt with a lace skirt? If you remember the thread, I tried that shirt and it did have large arm holes and the chest pocket was closer to the armpit than the front! I sent it back and got an exact shirt, minus pocket, at Kmart for $15. No long threads and it washed fine. I have seen better quality from these stores always getting a put down for quality, but I'm finding Denim & Co much worse. And more $$.

Honored Contributor

This coming from someone who lives in a camper and leases a car. Interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  NO THEY DON'T. They are MY OPINION and I have as much right as you to express my opinion.Just because you don't agree with me does not take away my rights. If you don't like it - don't read my posts.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  Exactly what does that have to do with the price of this shirt????

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  NO THEY DON'T. They are MY OPINION and I have as much right as you to express my opinion.Just because you don't agree with me does not take away my rights. If you don't like it - don't read my posts.

It's not an opinion.   It's a judgment.   It's not appreciated either 

People can spend what they want to and don't need to be told they're dumb.   You don't like to be told how you should spend your money, do you? 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Not to even mention QVC and "Skinny" everything! which does not go well with my 68 year old body.

The simple solution would be shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I have gotten more crooked necks or one side longer arms or legs in this brand than I've ever had to return locally. They cut corners on quality control, but charge more? 

@StraytoStay

Some shoppers might make an exception to the price if the quality was extraordinary....but with the inconsistent sizing and lack of quality control in D&C COME ON!!!---(I purchased a sleeveless top and the arm hole was so big it not only showed my bra but most of my side as well) --- I've seen better quality at Walmart!  That was my last clothing purchase---I just gave up between the uncompetitive pricing and poor quality I got tired of wasting my money returning things...........Woman Frustrated

@Spurt I think it was your post a couple weeks ago on styling and they showed a seersucker sleeveless shirt with a lace skirt? If you remember the thread, I tried that shirt and it did have large arm holes and the chest pocket was closer to the armpit than the front! I sent it back and got an exact shirt, minus pocket, at Kmart for $15. No long threads and it washed fine. I have seen better quality from these stores always getting a put down for quality, but I'm finding Denim & Co much worse. And more $$.

@StraytoStay

Yep, that was my post.......it wasn't just an isolated case apparently regarding the huge arm holes.....and other on reviewers mentioned it too.....I happened to turn on QVC (I work from home sometimes) and noticed D&C was showing another sleevelless top and I noticed the models kept their arms stuck to their side....coincidence or are they covering up another D&C quality mishap............?????????

Glad you found a similar top at a cheaper price---Good Shopping! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

FIRST - modal is a manmade fabric and not at all expensive.Yes, it is very soft, but does not significantly  add to the value of yard goods. Second - just because a person appreciates the value of their money does not mean they are too poor to buy something. It means I don't see the value in this garment. And I do not throw away my money on things that I don't feel are worth the price. That isn't because I'm poor - it's because I'm SMART. One of my Mother's favorite sayings - some people have more money than brains.

@151949You have the right to post what you think but when you call people stupid, that isn't very nice.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Not to even mention QVC and "Skinny" everything! which does not go well with my 68 year old body.

The simple solution would be shop elsewhere.

And there are ladies who are 68+ who can wear "skinny" fashions...like my mom, who is almost 20 years older than the OP. Why does she think everything centers around her reality???