Honored Contributor

So I'm in mourning now that my 7 year old Toshiba laptop has finally died a long time coming death. I had a love hate relationship (mostly hate) with this laptop. But as much as I couldn't stand it, it is like an old friend I will miss. So now I'm stuck using my Kindles and iPad Air to keep me connected with my emails, social media, and my shopping. I'm not a techie and not sure whether I should purchase a laptop, Chromebook, MacBook Pro, or iPad Pro. I don't want to feel pressured, like I must immediately replace my laptop, but yet I'm really not a happy camper. I just needed to vent!

Honored Contributor

Re: My Laptop Has Bit The Dust

@Jordan2, I remember last winter you talking about your lap top,so it is finally dead?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Jordan2, I remember last winter you talking about your lap top,so it is finally dead?

@goldensrbest, yes it finally has gone on to the laptop junk heap in the sky! How nice of you to remember about my wanting a laptop, I can't stand myself, I don't know how anyone else isn't sick of me by now! I know I should just bit the bullet and get something already!

Honored Contributor

I would not know what to buy either,good luck.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be watching this thread.  I'm kind of in the same boat.  My 12 year old HP all in one was dying a slow death at work.  I was afraid it would finally crash and leave me in a mess, so I brought my 17" Toshiba laptop (2 years old) from home that works perfect to work and transferred everything on that.  That is my new work computer.

Now I don't have a computer at home.  I am also using my Kindle Fires to replace my laptop.  I bought an awesome portable bluetooth keyboard to use with them.  Let's put it this way...I'm getting by.  I'm not real happy with the rinky-dink setup, but it is better than nothing.

I am also trying to figure out what I want at home.  I am in no hurry since I can use my KFs, but want something else eventually.

I'll be watching and I hope we get some ideas.

Respected Contributor

My 10 year old HP is getting ready to.  I keep getting a "display driver" failure message - but it seems to recover each time - has been doing this for quite some time - hoping it holds out till after the first of the year! 

Honored Contributor

My Toshiba laptop has been a faithful friend for now probably more than 7 years.   If it dies tomorrow, I will probably buy another one just like it.

But for me, I figure a budget then work my way through it from that angle.

Or make a wish list of what I want as far as the "guts"--memory, etc.

Closer to the holidays there should be great sales, if you can hold out that long.

@Jordan2

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_2366.PNGComing up as a TSV. I just got an email on it. It looks like per the Insider it will be on Sunday. This is a presale that you can order now.

E-230982

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

I do remember! And it is very hard when we have to transition... I hope you find something you like and have a very HAPPY relationship with it!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I'm in mourning now that my 7 year old Toshiba laptop has finally died a long time coming death. I had a love hate relationship (mostly hate) with this laptop. But as much as I couldn't stand it, it is like an old friend I will miss. So now I'm stuck using my Kindles and iPad Air to keep me connected with my emails, social media, and my shopping. I'm not a techie and not sure whether I should purchase a laptop, Chromebook, MacBook Pro, or iPad Pro. I don't want to feel pressured, like I must immediately replace my laptop, but yet I'm really not a happy camper. I just needed to vent!

I'd recommend you get a13 inch Macbook Air.