Honored Contributor

Daemon message in re to email

I'm trying to figure this one out.  I'll have to mess with puter later, but, if the recipent of a sent email gets one of those "Daemon messages" that their email can't be delivered, where is the point of the problem sender or receiver?  I'm on the receiver end and we sent mail back and forth as of 4 days ago. What's changed?  Nothing here I know of, and she doesn't think it's that end.  How do we find out where the problem is at? 

Any help would be great because I'm a minus in this area of knowledge.

TYIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Daemon message in re to email

@qualitygalWhen I've received that message about an email I'd sent, the problem was always on the receiving end.  Two possibilities -  be sure to check that you have the address correct - I did goof on that once with an email address I thought I knew.  It can also be that the receiver changed something although I'm thinking that's not what you mean.  

And that's the end of my great technical knowledge and I seriously doubt I solved your problem.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops, yes, the address is the same, but we need to check on her end, they just went through a move, but until last Sun., we had no problem back and forth.  We'll just have to keep checking till we narrow it down. I appreciate your help though. My husband said the same thing.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm trying to figure this one out.  I'll have to mess with puter later, but, if the recipent of a sent email gets one of those "Daemon messages" that their email can't be delivered, where is the point of the problem sender or receiver?  I'm on the receiver end and we sent mail back and forth as of 4 days ago. What's changed?  Nothing here I know of, and she doesn't think it's that end.  How do we find out where the problem is at? 

Any help would be great because I'm a minus in this area of knowledge.

TYIA

Probably because the email is incorrect, doesn't exist,  or corrupt.   

Trusted Contributor

As long as the email address was entered correctly, it most likely has nothing to do with either of you as individuals.It could be the mail server at the receiver's ISP being offline due to repairs, upgrades, needing to be rebooted, etc. Could be that the receiver's ISP has been receiving so much spam form the sender's ISP that it has blocked mail from the sender's ISP till the issue is resolved.

Personally, I'd go on about my life and give it a while to get resolved. Then contact one or both ISP's if the problem persists.