Esteemed Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

I have been lucky with my Platinum version of the Keurig. Still going strong, I got advice how to maintain and clean from Keurig. When it finally goes I will no doubt look for something else. It will not be the 2.0. Love Keurig, love the way I was treated but I really don't like how they shut down the independent coffee brands. Yes, their company their rules but I would think there is enough there for everyone to make profits.

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2015 bonnielu said:

I have been lucky with my Platinum version of the Keurig. Still going strong, I got advice how to maintain and clean from Keurig. When it finally goes I will no doubt look for something else. It will not be the 2.0. Love Keurig, love the way I was treated but I really don't like how they shut down the independent coffee brands. Yes, their company their rules but I would think there is enough there for everyone to make profits.

Interesting you say their company their rules... profits .....as the sales are significantly down

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/11/2-reasons-the-public-is-rejecting-the-keurig-20.as...

Regular Contributor

Good Morning all.

I purchased my I Coffee, a few weeks ago.. So far so good. It does keep the coffee hotter longer. I am a bit of a lounger in the morning, so it wouldn't matter which machine I bought, the coffee would still get cold, unless I put it in the to go cups that I have that keep coffee hot.

I still have 2 Keurigs and I think I am going to list them on EBay..

Super Contributor

On 5/4/2015 Coffee Gal said:

Good Morning all.

I purchased my I Coffee, a few weeks ago.. So far so good. It does keep the coffee hotter longer. I am a bit of a lounger in the morning, so it wouldn't matter which machine I bought, the coffee would still get cold, unless I put it in the to go cups that I have that keep coffee hot.

I do like this icoffee single serve machine but I do not know about its longevity. Since I have the Cuisinart Single Serve with an 80oz container and as I posted before the icoffee is both slower and cooler than the Cuisinart I am keeping the icoffee because the taste, body, and mouth feel of the icoffee is better.

Respected Contributor

On 5/5/2015 4uthebest said:
On 5/4/2015 Coffee Gal said:

Good Morning all.

I do like this icoffee single serve machine but I do not know about its longevity. Since I have the Cuisinart Single Serve with an 80oz container and as I posted before the icoffee is both slower and cooler than the Cuisinart I am keeping the icoffee because the taste, body, and mouth feel of the icoffee is better.

Thanks for your review. If you want coffee to stay hot, get one of those little coffee mugs with the candle warmer/hot plate to put it on beside your chair. I have one and use it, or I use my travel mugs. As for dealing with making a better tasting coffee, nothing can do that except for how it is brewed, so the iCoffee won that battle.

Another trick to get rid of the bitter taste in coffee, especially restaurant coffee, is a pinch of baking soda in it.

Contributor

Bought the icoffee after my keurig platumin died after 1 1/2 years. Got it at Kohl's and 30% off good buy. In my opition it makes a better cup of coffee than my keurig did. When I want to make tea and just use plain water I always do a clean rinse of 4 oz. of water and yes there are some coffee grounds. The coffee is hotter and better tasting. I also like that you can put any k cup into the machine.

Respected Contributor

I'm actually looking at both models. I may be moving offices and jobs and may be rewarding myself with a coffee maker if I find they either don't have one, use the one the cops drink from, or make cheap coffee (probably more than one of those). I'm looking at the regular coffee maker they have that makes it more like the french press as I will need a whole pot at work versus home. I will be eventually having to replace my original Keurig Platnium that I got in 07' with the single cup iCoffee. I did find that they make a "personal" sized one at BBB for around $100. I may get that one to keep the footprint smaller and since I typically only drink one cup at home in the morning and a few each morning on the weekends.

image of iCoffee® Express™ Single Serve Brewer

Super Contributor

On 5/9/2015 tigriss said:

...I'm looking at the regular coffee maker they have that makes it more like the french press as I will need a whole pot at work versus home...

I too was very interested in the large icoffee unit as in theory it is great but the negative reviews regarding cleaning made it a no go for me since I have a septic system and I cannot simply rinse it out and discard the grounds.

On the other hand regarding what I said regarding peoples taste preferences, it amazes me that someone who reviewed the excellent icoffee Opus said that the resulting brew was no different from any other K Cup brewer and when I read that review I was taken back to something Mr Spock might have said in Star Trek ...Captain I read, I simply do not believe my eyes..

I myself have a hard time believing how different in temperature the Keurig is from the Cuisinart as in my testing the Cuisinart was at least 5 degrees F hotter than the icoffee !

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reviews! You can use your own coffee with the iCoffee? I am going to have to read a little more but it sounds like what I need. My Keurig is in bad shape & needs replacing.
Frequent Contributor

I just ordered mine from BBB and saved $28.00 on it with a 20% coupon, I been wanting a coffee maker that has more than 2 size settings.