Super Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said: Thanks for the reviews! You can use your own coffee with the iCoffee? I am going to have to read a little more but it sounds like what I need. My Keurig is in bad shape & needs replacing.

Absolutely you can use your own coffee. If your Keurig needs replacing this is a no brainer if you are looking at a single serve option. I previously ranked my Cuisinart SS as the best of the K Cup machines (With the exception of the VUE), but even this morning I made two identical brews of a Colombian arabica roast and once again after tasting the two, I literally dumped the brew from the Cuisinart down the drain. I will be returning it to BB&B and this is after I drove 50 miles to get another one after my VUE died.

I am so impressed with the icoffee, I have stopped using my Aeropress except for rare occasions when I want an espresso type result.

Honored Contributor

On 5/10/2015 4uthebest said:
On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said: Thanks for the reviews! You can use your own coffee with the iCoffee? I am going to have to read a little more but it sounds like what I need. My Keurig is in bad shape & needs replacing.

Absolutely you can use your own coffee. If your Keurig needs replacing this is a no brainer if you are looking at a single serve option. I previously ranked my Cuisinart SS as the best of the K Cup machines (With the exception of the VUE), but even this morning I made two identical brews of a Colombian arabica roast and once again after tasting the two, I literally dumped the brew from the Cuisinart down the drain. I will be returning it to BB&B and this is after I drove 50 miles to get another one after my VUE died.

I am so impressed with the icoffee, I have stopped using my Aeropress except for rare occasions when I want an espresso type result.

Thanks. I'll dig up a 20% off coupon & stop by BB&B this afternoon.

Does it come in different colors/finishes? Or black only? There are only 2 models to choose from? And only one single serve? I want to be sure I get the right one.

Just looking at it on the BB&B site. Lots of reviews & appears to be a 5 star rating. Impressive.

Honored Contributor

Oh...I see they have 2 single serve ones. I would want the one with the large water reservoir. The Opus. I love the features listed - the Spinbrew technology sounds good.

Honored Contributor

Does it make a weaker cup of coffee if you choose a larger serving size? If making 12 oz at once going to result in a weaker cup of coffee than making 8 oz?

Honored Contributor

I called to be sure they have it in stock. They do! Seems to come in black only. That is fine with me. I have an email coupon on my phone so no need to look for a paper one!

I'm excited!

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said:

Does it make a weaker cup of coffee if you choose a larger serving size? If making 12 oz at once going to result in a weaker cup of coffee than making 8 oz?

Yes of course it is weaker as it is diluted more

Honored Contributor

The Keurig Vue was supposed to brew same strength with larger sizes, I think. That is why I asked. I will use 2 8 oz sizes to fill my mugs.

Super Contributor

The Keurig Vue was supposed to brew same strength with larger sizes, I think. That is why I asked. I will use 2 8 oz sizes to fill my mugs.

Indeed the Keurig Vue brewed stronger but in my experience, NOT much and certainly not like the difference between 8 and 12 oz.

Respected Contributor

The ICoffee is a wonderful machine. As for K type cups I can get the non-plastic ones in many stores in my area. If you have Trader Joe's, some Kroeger stores, or Whole Foods, you can buy them there. Haven't tried using the cartridge that came with it yet.

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2015 brandiwine said:

The ICoffee is a wonderful machine. As for K type cups I can get the non-plastic ones in many stores in my area. If you have Trader Joe's, some Kroeger stores, or Whole Foods, you can buy them there. Haven't tried using the cartridge that came with it yet.

brandiwine, I am curious as to how you would rate the quality of the brew from the icoffee compared to that from the VUE ?