Honored Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

I got one! It is ready to brew the first cup in the morning.

I'm hoping 8 oz makes a decent cup. Those of you that have one - how many ounces do you use for the strength coffee you like?

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said:

I'm hoping 8 oz makes a decent cup. Those of you that have one - how many ounces do you use for the strength coffee you like?

willdob3, From what I have seen on this forum over the years people have a very varied taste for coffee. Some people IMHO like it almost like dishwater, others like it as espresso.

That being the case, I would start with the size you are seeking and see how it works for you and you can adjust from there.

Honored Contributor

Thanks! I tried it and 8 is too weak. I am going to try 6 next. I will probably be 4-6. It is nice to hav options.
Super Contributor

On 5/11/2015 willdob3 said: Thanks! I tried it and 8 is too weak. I am going to try 6 next. I will probably be 4-6. It is nice to hav options.

Yes remember you can go with half ounce gradations.

Super Contributor

8 oz. is perfect for me. I haven't tried any other strengths.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

On 5/11/2015 NickNack1 said:

8 oz. is perfect for me. I haven't tried any other strengths.

Yep and that is why I said the people on the forum go from what I would consider dishwater to almost espresso. 8 oz is good for you but not for others.

Respected Contributor

I vary my brew strength based on the coffee or k-cup I'm using. I usually start my first time with a k-cup or ground coffee set to the 8 oz. Then, if necessary, I take it down in .5 ounce increments. The brew over ice options, I always brew lower than recommended to get the coffee taste I want even after the ice has melted.

Respected Contributor

On 5/10/2015 4uthebest said:
On 5/10/2015 brandiwine said:

The ICoffee is a wonderful machine. As for K type cups I can get the non-plastic ones in many stores in my area. If you have Trader Joe's, some Kroeger stores, or Whole Foods, you can buy them there. Haven't tried using the cartridge that came with it yet.

brandiwine, I am curious as to how you would rate the quality of the brew from the icoffee compared to that from the VUE ?

I've had a Vue for a couple of years, and loved the brew so much better than the original Keurig brew. I was so disappointed that they discontinued it, and have tasted the brew from the new 2.0 that I thought was supposed to use the Vue technology - it doesn't and it's not as good as the Vue.

I bought this iCoffee single serve and compared the k-cup Gloria Jeans Hazelnut brewed in my iCoffee, to the Gloria Jeans Vue cup brewed in my Vue machine and it was as good as my Vue brewed, in fact, I think it was just a bit smoother and richer than even the Vue.

Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

I vary my brew strength based on the coffee or k-cup I'm using. I usually start my first time with a k-cup or ground coffee set to the 8 oz. Then, if necessary, I take it down in .5 ounce increments. The brew over ice options, I always brew lower than recommended to get the coffee taste I want even after the ice has melted.

I think that I will experiment with each different coffee, too.

I had 5 oz size today using French Vanilla flavored ground coffee & it was very good. Most flavored coffees are medium/light roast. 3 filled my mug for work.

I am very impressed by the smoothness of the coffee. It really is a noticeable improvement. My Keurig never made coffee this good.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for this thread & all the good reviews & info.