Regular Contributor

Re: When Normal Things Are A Big Deal....

@AngelPuppy1  We are two peas in a pod for sure.  Take care and let us try to enjoy each day rain or shine!

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell - Sending hopes that you get back to your pool time SOON!

Frequent Contributor

In Dec, 2019, my husband was diagnosed with glioblastoma, he was active, social and we had an amazing life of travel, friends, family, the normal things we were all so accustomed to.  His illness quickly progressed during the height of the pandemic, the oncologist office shut down, friends couldn't visit, help or even say their goodbyes.  We did his final months alone and isolated until hospice was brought in, but that was sporadic. They dressed in total coverage suits, wouldn't sit in the chair next to him, I watched confusion in his face as he just didn't understand.   He passed in may of 2020, I came home to an empty house, alone and when I tell you I don't know how to begin again in this world, it's the truth.  I don't understand much anymore, so I am home and learning how to do it alone. My father passed 4 months after my husband, to cancer, not Covid and I see my mother getting out, doing her social life with her friends and volunteer work but I feel safer in my home.  My friends have moved on, like others have stated, I go to the grocery store, visit my mother, but that's it.  Yes, I've had counseling, yes it's helped, but it's zoom.  I am a hermit.  I have no normal.  It is just me and my dogs and it's less stressful that way.  People say, you need to get out more, I say " and do what?" 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I know what you mean.

I worked with a group of friends. In the 25+ years we have been friends, we have gone on vacations with one another, done numerous road trips, eaten together in about every restaurant in a 20 mile radius and been to one another's homes countless times. I was honored to call them my friends.

But we have not gotten together since Covid. And I suspect we never will. One woman has a disabled daughter with heath issues. So she doesn't want to go out - so we don't.

One woman unexpectedly lost her husband to a heart attack. I went to the husband's funeral and we drove another friend but that was it. No one else went.

I also was rarely home. I would leave the house at 7 AM and not get home from work until 6 or 6:30 PM. And for a time I also had a part time job plus a busy social life.

Now I rarely go out. And am getting used to it. I have had Covid 3 times. So I had to be in quarantined for 2 weeks each time. And the lockdown made me get used to not leaving the house. So I don't. 

@drizzellla- I'm so sorry you had covid three times! Please take care of yourself, and stay well. Best regards, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@~k~ 

lumânare-condolences.gif

I'm so sorry you have been through such heartbreak. What terrible things to have to go through. I hope you get comfort from your pets and keeping your circle small. xo

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala 

Hi Sunny,

Really sorry to see you had the virus, and 3 times. Such a big change in your life, neither of which, fall under the title of this thread. Neither of these were little things that changed.

I have always considered you as a good friend, and send my thoughts and best wishes to you. My biggest wish is for you to be well,  🙏

JOhn(hckynut)  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@~k~ wrote:

In Dec, 2019, my husband was diagnosed with glioblastoma, he was active, social and we had an amazing life of travel, friends, family, the normal things we were all so accustomed to.  His illness quickly progressed during the height of the pandemic, the oncologist office shut down, friends couldn't visit, help or even say their goodbyes.  We did his final months alone and isolated until hospice was brought in, but that was sporadic. They dressed in total coverage suits, wouldn't sit in the chair next to him, I watched confusion in his face as he just didn't understand.   He passed in may of 2020, I came home to an empty house, alone and when I tell you I don't know how to begin again in this world, it's the truth.  I don't understand much anymore, so I am home and learning how to do it alone. My father passed 4 months after my husband, to cancer, not Covid and I see my mother getting out, doing her social life with her friends and volunteer work but I feel safer in my home.  My friends have moved on, like others have stated, I go to the grocery store, visit my mother, but that's it.  Yes, I've had counseling, yes it's helped, but it's zoom.  I am a hermit.  I have no normal.  It is just me and my dogs and it's less stressful that way.  People say, you need to get out more, I say " and do what?" 

@~k~   I am so sorry that you suffered the loss of your husband and father, so close together, and at the height of the pandemic.  I can only imagine how incredibly difficult that was to get through.

Doing what makes you feel comfortable right now is the way to go, with your dogs to keep you company.

I hope, in time, you find your new normal.

I wish you happiness and peace. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@~k~ wrote:

In Dec, 2019, my husband was diagnosed with glioblastoma, he was active, social and we had an amazing life of travel, friends, family, the normal things we were all so accustomed to.  His illness quickly progressed during the height of the pandemic, the oncologist office shut down, friends couldn't visit, help or even say their goodbyes.  

We did his final months alone and isolated until hospice was brought in, but that was sporadic. They dressed in total coverage suits, wouldn't sit in the chair next to him, I watched confusion in his face as he just didn't understand.   He passed in may of 2020, I came home to an empty house, alone and when I tell you I don't know how to begin again in this world, it's the truth.  I don't understand much anymore, so I am home and learning how to do it alone.

My father passed 4 months after my husband, to cancer, not Covid and I see my mother getting out, doing her social life with her friends and volunteer work but I feel safer in my home.  My friends have moved on, like others have stated, I go to the grocery store, visit my mother, but that's it.  Yes, I've had counseling, yes it's helped, but it's zoom.  I am a hermit.  I have no normal.  It is just me and my dogs and it's less stressful that way.  People say, you need to get out more, I say " and do what?"

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@~k~ 

My heart goes out to you for all that have you been through!  It's bad enough to go through these things under so-called normal circumstances, but to have to experience them during covid, just unimagineable.  I give you my deepest condolences.  We all have to handle loss in our own unique way and while everyone tries to be helpful with their suggestions, only you know what feels best to you and what brings you the most comfort.  I wish you the best.  Take care.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn- It was drizella who had the virus 3 times. Thankfully, I haven't had it!

Stay well,

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett