Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is with the fascination about Facebook?

[ Edited ]

I think many of those that "don't do FB" are afraid they won't  know how to work it.

I love it.I get to see my daughter and my grandchildren and my great grandchildren everyday. Because they live across the country,I would never get to see and talk to them if it were not for FB..I can be there for, births, first birthdays,weddings ,ect ,all thanks to FB.and it's all  free   <3

Even meet up with lots of my best friends from school days there.Such fun  Smiley Happy

No one I know posts what hey ate for dinner,unless it is in some fab restaurant they are in at that moment.

I  have made wonderful life long  friends in Europe    Smiley Happy

I have joined groups that have Maltese dogs like myself and learned good info about my Maltese dog  and  many  groups like,Rainbow Bridge,have helped me grieve my beloved Corgie dog I had to put to sleep 5 yrs ago

I help reunite lost animals and contribute to finding new homes for unwanted pets  <3

I also find out a lot of  important and interesting info there,that I do not see anywhere else.

you can always block anyone you do not like,you can set your privacy setting however you want it,you can "friend" or "unfriend " whoever you want to.nothing is set in gold unless you wnt it to be.  BTW did you know if you google your name here on the Q's site,you will see every post you ever made here and your name and area you live in!!! Now that I don't like !!!.......

Esteemed Contributor

I don't "get" FB, either.

I'm not anti social but I'm not sure that posting endless mundane details about the jelly sandwich you had for lunch is considered "social".

If anything, it seems we are becoming more disconnected than ever from real life.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@KingstonsMom  When I said that glb might be correct about "anti-social" I was referring to myself only.  Did not mean to infer that it described anyone else. 

@deepwaterdotter

Oh, no problem! It definitely dscribes me too, for the reason I stated!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I have zero interest in FB, but that's just me.

No, it's me too. Maybe glb is correct with her "anti-social" hypothesis.

Guess I'm an anti-socialite too.  lol

(Is that anything like an "anti-dentite"?)

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Face Book.  There are a couple 'friends' that I ignore for the most part but overall, I consider the interaction with family and friends my social time without having to get dressed or serve snacks.  The best part is you can drop in and out of the conversation at will.  There is no hosting to do.

Mostly I interact with family members that I might not otherwise pick up the phone and talk to because I hate talking on the phone (used to be a phone operator).  We share photos and discuss them.

As as has been said, you don't have to accept friend requests.  Once, an old almost boy friend sent a request.  I ignored it. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess you can call me anti-social. I don't and never have had a FB page.(is this correct grammar? lol)

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I sure don't get it.  About 5 years ago, I signed up and soon had all these people wanting to be my "friend".  I actually was able to find some lost friends, but then you are supposed to post to your "wall".  And on top of it facebook sent me an e-mail every time someone left a message.  I then found out that Facebook went into my e-mail address book and sent an e-mail to every one on the list telling them that I want them to sign up on Facebook. So I closed my account.

On Sunday I decided to reactivate my account and there seemed an endless number of people who just needed to be my "friend".  Deactivated it today.

Is there something I just don't get?

How to make proper use of it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I have zero interest in FB, but that's just me.

No, it's me too. Maybe glb is correct with her "anti-social" hypothesis.

Guess I'm an anti-socialite too.  lol

(Is that anything like an "anti-dentite"?)

Maybe if you have an aversion to Robert Wagner?

Honored Contributor

I like being able to talk politics, lately on there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I think many of those that "don't do FB" are afraid they won't  know how to work it.

I love it.I get to see my daughter and my grandchildren and my great grandchildren everyday.i would never get to see and talk to them if it were not for FB...and it's all  free   <3

Even meet up with lots of my best friends from school days there.Such fun  Smiley Happy

I also find out a lot of  important and interesting info there,that I do not see anywhere else.

I am not afraid I "won't know how to work it".  While I have been a "techie" since 15 years old, fb/cell phones and a few other technological advancements? In my life, I prefer sticking with many older technologies, and it is not because "I won't know how to use them.

hckynut(john)