Trusted Contributor

Re: What is with the fascination about Facebook?

I have a facebook account but don't do much with it.  My best friend from grade school found me via facebook and for that I am grateful.  Everything else I can live without.  I'm not interested in photos of your breakfast/lunch/dinner and I don't need to know where you are eating, what time, etc.  Facebook can be great but I get that it's not for everyone.  There's no reason for people to be rude ~ the OP merely asked a simple question.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@CLEM

CLEM, the younger generation is very much about keeping in touch by way of social media. 

I'm not on FB but I understand why my daughter loves it.  She's traveled a lot and has friends all over the world.  They keep in touch on FB, share photos and ideas, and keep up with each other's lives.

I do use Instagram to keep in touch with family and friends, I love getting pictures every day of their travels, growing kids, etc.

I suspect our grandmothers said similar things about the younger generation then, wondering why they spent time talking to each other on the phone.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you don't post on the QVC boards, it's a way to bore your friends and relatives with an account of your mundane daily activities.  You can also post your political views, which you can't do here.

That's funny you mentioned political views.  This is a big reason I deactivated mine.  People are so rude.  You can have a different opinion without being disrespectful.  Unfortunately Facebook was ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I have zero interest in FB, but that's just me.

No, it's me too. Maybe glb is correct with her "anti-social" hypothesis.

@deepwaterdotter

I'm not "anti-social".....I just don't like a lot of people.......the mean ones.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you don't post on the QVC boards, it's a way to bore your friends and relatives with an account of your mundane daily activities.  You can also post your political views, which you can't do here.

That is exactly it, most post every little boring detail of their lives.  I think it is ridiculous! I won't do Facebook, I have as many friends (real friends) as I can handle!!

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Facebook.  Besides keeping contact with people and relatives who live far away, I really like my Homepage - Has a little of everything that interests me, including, yes, topics that aren't allowed here.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, Instagram is even worse!!  I see my teen's account, the girls all post themselves in bathing suits (all year long), with that fish lip look, and how wonderful their lives are.  I want to gouge my eyes out when I see it.

Respected Contributor

This topic keeps appearing over and over like bad penny. Some enjoy it. Some don't. It's a personal choice. There's nothing to figure out.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  When I said that glb might be correct about "anti-social" I was referring to myself only.  Did not mean to infer that it described anyone else. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not my thing, and I have no clue.

hckynut(john)