Honored Contributor

Went to Physical Therapy this morning for working on regaining my balance. Came home and my wife was in tears. One of our male furry kids, Ozzie, was in terrible pain and could not move.

Jumped by in the SUV and headed to our vet with him. My wife had called and told our vet how much pain Ozzie was in now. He was waiting for us when we arrived/took us into a room, and took Ozzie with him. He came back and our choices for Ozzie were not really choices. We had to put him out of his terrible pain, and that meant "letting him go". He died in my wife's arms. Ozzie was 14 years old and he had a lung blood clot, the #1 killer of male felines, according to our vet.

This will be short because I have an appointment with our Advanced Wound Center. Still dealing with the terrible sore on my rear end, and it is getting old. This started last September and I am still working with them to get it healed.

He is now over the bridge with the many other furry ones we have had to "let go" over 30 years now. I believe I will see every one of them again.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss. Cats are special "kids". There is nothing in the world like them. Such amazing creatures.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss @hckynut.  It never gets easier. 

Prayers for you and your wife.  Also, for healing of your wound. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Sorry john, i know our dogs,and cats are babies to us.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: We now have 6

[ Edited ]

@hckynut so sorry for your loss. I am right there with you- had three amazing dogs and now down to one. Lost my last one this past Friday, really similar to what you went through and he passed away with his head in our laps (he was a huge dog- 135 lbs), with us giving him lots of kisses and love. The house seems so quiet. They are such huge parts of my family and have brought us so much joy through the years. 

I really hope you are right, that we will see all our beloved pets again. I can only hope. It is that thought that keeps me going, otherwise, I don't think I'd have the strength or heart. 

{{hugs}} to you and your family for all that you are going through. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thoughts are with you and your wife.  Hope your appointment leads to improved healing.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut: John - I'm so sorry. You may know we lost one of our boys the first of the month. It's never easy. WE have broken hearts, but we can't bear the fact that they are in pain. 

It must be especially hard for the two of you, dealing with your own medical things too. I am praying for you, your wife, and your other kids.

Like you, I know they'll be waiting for us. Until then they'll have fun over the Rainbow Bridge. 

Is that Ozzie in your avatar picture? 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry John. 

Yes, you will see them all when you make your transition, guaranteed. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut

I am so sorry John.

I too, believe we will all be together in heaven one day.

Hugs to you & Cindy.

(((((Ozzie)))))

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry John. Smiley Sad  I'm sorry for your loss. 

Giving you and your loving wife a hug.

Sending healing thoughts to you. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.