Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@hckynut so sorry for your loss. I am right there with you- had three amazing dogs and now down to one. Lost my last one this past Friday, really similar to what you went through and he passed away with his head in our laps (he was a huge dog- 135 lbs), with us giving him lots of kisses and love. The house seems so quiet. They are such huge parts of my family and have brought us so much joy through the years. 

I really hope you are right, that we will see all our beloved pets again. I can only hope. It is that thought that keeps me going, otherwise, I don't think I'd have the strength or heart. 

{{hugs}} to you and your family for all that you are going through. 

@HappyDaze - I'm so sorry for your loss too. It has certainly not been an easy month for a lot of us.

I always tell everyone that our loved ones know we are there until the last minute. They hear our voices, feel our touches, and smell us. They can feel how much we love them.

Like John and many others, I KNOW we will see them again. As Billy Graham says:

"Heaven will be a place of perfect happiness for us—and if we need animals around us to make our happiness complete, then you can be sure God will have them there."

(((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

Thanks @beach-mom and sorry about your loss too. Geez at work we've lost several dogs recently too. Seems like a horrible trend. And you are right, when they are in so much pain, you have to let them go. I think this one was the hardest because he was so mentally there, just his body was no longer cooperating. Ugh, I can't think about it..

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and I hold on to yours (and others) beliefs about seeing all our loved ones again. {{hugs}}

Trusted Contributor

Sorry for the loss of your furbaby.  It is a tough thing to do, but we do what is the best for them.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss John. Please tell Cindy the same. Yes, we will see them again, I believe it too. What a day that will be. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut  John, I'm so sorry about little Ozzie.  You did what you had to do for his sake.  I have only one feline fur baby, and when I come home every day, the first thing I do is pick him up and give him a big "fuzzy hug." He responds with some loud purring.  I sure do love cats.  Peace be with you and your wife.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut I am so very sorry for you loss of  Ozzie, please accept my prayers and thoughts in your time of sorrow, again I am so very sorry!

Trusted Contributor

Condolences to you and your wife for the sudden loss of Ozzie.  It is sad but you made the only decent decision to let him go in peace and dignity. We will all see our lost furry pals over the Rainbow Bridge someday. Have peace in your heart. 

May your own skin wound heal completely and soon. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry your kitty developed a pulmonary embolism. May he RIP. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut - John, having had to send many fur babies over the Rainbow Bridge in the last 38 years, I can tell you it never gets easier. However, not leaving him in pain was the best thing for you and your wife to do. I am so sorry for your loss - my furries mean everything to me.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss, John & Cindy.    It's always so hard...

I pray you're right about seeing all our loved pets again someday.   It wouldn't be heaven without them, and all the other animals on earth.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent