Trusted Contributor

Re: We now have 6

[ Edited ]

@hckynut and Cindy, I'm so sorry for the loss of Ozzie Heart Losing a fur-baby, a member of the family, is tough ... unfortunately this loss reminds us how short and precious their life can be.  This beautiful, little creature had brought so much joy to your family and now it is so difficult to have it end.  My thoughts are with 'all of your family'.

~

hckynut, I pray that the Advanced Wound Center is able to find a way to heal your wound soon.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining thank you so much. Yes, I am heartbroken and I completely agree about the empty spaces so I feel and know your pain. My big boy, who was much bigger than me, laid either in the bed with me at nights or on a big bed next to my side of the bed. It is hard to see that space empty now and hard to sleep without him next to me (he'd lay his head on a pillow next to me and want the blankets up to his chin like how we'd sleep). Today my other boy was laying on the floor in his brother's space and just looked sad. He never lays there as he has his own place and bed on the other side. It broke my heart. I wish I could explain to him where his brother is. He keeps looking for him. Sometimes, so do I...

Honored Contributor

R I P Dear Ozzie      Heart

Image result for cats condolences photos

Valued Contributor

John and Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss.  Ozzie was adorable, and a lucky kitty to be part of your family.  It's always so very hard to say goodbye, and especially so when it is sudden.  Hugs to you.

John, regarding your wound, my neighbor had surgery in early November to remove a benign growth on her (facial) cheek.  Thereafter, it was continually problematic as it would get infected and wouldn't heal.  She was back and forth to the doctor and, at times, they had her on three antibiotics with no significant improvement.  If it would start to heal, it would break open again and the cycle would start over.

In late April, the doctor wasn't available and the PA suggested that she apply an Epsom Salt soak five times per day.  The PA also asked if she had access to local honey.  Her friend keeps bees, so she did the soaks and applied the local honey as a topical treatment.  The results were nothing short of amazing - completely healed in less than a week.

You might want to ask your contact at the wound center about this.  Best to you.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

thank you @tends2dogs. I appreciate that. My heart is broken and my other dog seems lost without his "brother". It is so very hard...

@HappyDaze  I know you have been through this before and know that it doesn't get easier.  With time the pain lessens, it seems to come in waves.  It has been 11 months since we lost our sweet Quincy.  I still cry.  We always miss them and never forget.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I truly believe that pets have souls and that we will see our pets again.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli