Esteemed Contributor

Re: Way too much communication...

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

There's nothing wrong with venting....don't see the problem here regarding the OP....

I agree that there's nothing wrong with venting.

But she clearly doesn't want all of this communication from her pharmacy, so posters here have given her advice re solving the problem.

And then they got criticized for doing that. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because unkind to another poster

Honored Contributor

I've found that sometimes it's just better to go in person, present the prescription, browsing the store while waiting .  Same with writing a note to a doc, going in person and give the note/letter to the office manager.  Less stress, etc.  Works for me.......So far, that is.  A lot faster, in the long run.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

Welcome to my world! CVS does the same but what's funny is that I cannot tell you how many times the communication is wrong and my meds prescription isn't found. Also they often have to refrigerate some of my meds and if it turns out they forgot, they claim they need to re-fill it again.....so extra trip to the pharmacy. Thus is life...Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I've found that sometimes it's just better to go in person, present the prescription, browsing the store while waiting .  Same with writing a note to a doc, going in person and give the note/letter to the office manager.  Less stress, etc.  Works for me.......So far, that is.  A lot faster, in the long run.

Hi Romary.... The problem is maintenance prescriptions. I get everything with three month refills. My scripts are long term and not just for an acute illness.

Honored Contributor

We had nothing but problems with the Walgreens in the small town where we keep our camper but we NEED to use Walgreens as that is the only national chain in the very small town where we live and we need a national chain because we travel a lot. I found that by switching to a Walgreens in an area about 10 miles away we had much better service and they always have what we need. We also finally convinced our doctor to write us 90 day Rx which greatly lessens the stress.

Respected Contributor

I use the pharmacy mail for refills through Kaiser and it is every efficient and quick, no mailing cost.  I put in the refill order, print out the order at website and do not receive either a confirmation or ship notice via email.  I only receive an email notice if I am negligent in doing a refill.  I highly respect Kaiser's communication system in every aspect, even messages to and from my dr.  I do it on the website, receive a notice via email of reply.

Esteemed Contributor

No one has a gun to your head, forcing you to read. If you don't like her posts, why bother to read and comment? Why not just pass it by -

She is venting.

You may offer advice; that doesn't obligate her to take it.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I'm very sorry, Violet......  I hadn't thought of 3 month maintenance program.  Oh, actually, a couple of people I know had been having troubles re: meds by mail.  Don't recall exactly what, etc. their problems were........Pretty nic, by the way.  Violet, Lilac, and other flower nics.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

We use Kaiser too & if we have prescriptions that haven't been refilled in a while, they delete it off our online listing & if we should need it refilled,  put in the RX number  for refill and they send it to our PCP for approval.  Very easy system to use and it's wonderful being able to have it mailed out but we just go to our Kaiser pharmacy to pick them up. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee