Honored Contributor

Re: Way too much communication...

How about simply not providing text or email options to those entities that you don't want 'bothering you'?

I never give my cell number when places request it. I don't give  my email to most either. I don't always keep up with either of those two, and I don't want docs, pharmacies, schools, etc communicating with me on devices or in ways that I'm likely to either miss it, or be annoyed by it.

Not really rocket science.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Oh, I'm very sorry, Violet......  I hadn't thought of 3 month maintenance program.  Oh, actually, a couple of people I know had been having troubles re: meds by mail.  Don't recall exactly what, etc. their problems were........Pretty nic, by the way.  Violet, Lilac, and other flower nics.

No worries..... Hope all is well.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I use a mail order prescription service.  I get an email "Order your refills now" about a month BEFORE they are actually ready to be refilled.  You can go in at that time and place the order.  Then you get a message thanking you for the order but telling you that the order can't be filled yet, but they will fill it when it is due and notify you at that time.  They will also call you with a pre-recorded message telling you the same thing.  I have learned to ignore the email wanting me to refill when it comes, and check the date on my current prescription bottle and order on the "order after" date.  I just wish they would send the "Refill Now" message when the precription is ACTUALLY ready to be refilled!  Seems like it would cause a lot less confusion.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

No one has a gun to your head, forcing you to read. If you don't like her posts, why bother to read and comment? Why not just pass it by -

She is venting.

You may offer advice; that doesn't obligate her to take it.  JMHO

Of course she doesn't have to take anyone's advice.  But if people have possible solutions to her problem, why are they criticized for sharing that? She can do whatever she wants - That goes without saying.  But the whole purpose of posting is to generate replies, and people have replied with their thoughts, their advice, and their own stories.  It's a forum - That's what's supposed to happen!

Personally, I don't let things pass by if I think I can be helpful.  Maybe she just wants to vent, but it certainly sounds as though she would be happy if the texts & emails stopped.  What some of us have pointed out is that she can make that happen.  One of the nice things about these forums is that we can help each other.  I've seen that happen more times than I can count, and I've been on both the receiving and giving end many times.

She can read or not read the replies.  She can take the advice offered or she can ignore it.  But it's unrealistic to start a thread and then be surprised when there's a variety of replies with varying points of view.  If anyone is that sensitive (and that oblivious to practical advice and help), then perhaps posting on a forum is not the best thing for them to do.

eta:  She may or may not be venting, but venting & wanting advice are not mutually exclusive.  And she did ask in her post if she has to be informed every step of the way.  A few of us have told her that no, she doesn't.  She asked.  We answered.  There's nothing at all wrong with that.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

There's nothing wrong with venting....don't see the problem here regarding the OP....

INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING HERE, SHE SHOULD COMPLAIN TO WALGREEN'S AND FIND A SOLUTION. NOT TOO HARD TO FIGURE OUT.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

No one has a gun to your head, forcing you to read. If you don't like her posts, why bother to read and comment? Why not just pass it by -

She is venting.

Of course she doesn't have to take anyone's advice.  But if people have possible solutions to her problem, why are they criticized for sharing that? She can do whatever she wants - That goes without saying.  But the whole purpose of posting is to generate replies, and people have replied with their thoughts, their advice, and their own stories.  It's a forum - That's what's supposed to happen!

Personally, I don't let things pass by if I think I can be helpful.  Maybe she just wants to vent, but it certainly sounds as though she would be happy if the texts & emails stopped.  What some of us have pointed out is that she can make that happen.  One of the nice things about these forums is that we can help each other.  I've seen that happen more times than I can count, and I've been on both the receiving and giving end many times.

She can read or not read the replies.  She can take the advice offered or she can ignore it.  But it's unrealistic to start a thread and then be surprised when there's a variety of replies with varying points of view.  If anyone is that sensitive (and that oblivious to practical advice and help), then perhaps posting on a forum is not the best thing for them to do.

eta:  She may or may not be venting, but venting & wanting advice are not mutually exclusive.  And she did ask in her post if she has to be informed every step of the way.  A few of us have told her that no, she doesn't.  She asked.  We answered.  There's nothing at all wrong with that.

Message 10, 11, 14 are just critical and directed at the OP, nothing about solutions to her problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

There's nothing wrong with venting....don't see the problem here regarding the OP....

INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING HERE, SHE SHOULD COMPLAIN TO WALGREEN'S AND FIND A SOLUTION. NOT TOO HARD TO FIGURE OUT.

Actually, she can complain here if she wants to; that's what the board is for. Venting, complaining, or anything else......there's nothing wrong with what she posted and I'm sure she will do what she thinks best resolving the matter.

In the meantime, she has as much right as anyone else to post here.

If you don't like her posts, scroll past and keep moving.

There's no reason to attack her on a personal basis, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Let's just say, past history.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She is venting.

Message 10, 11, 14 are just critical and directed at the OP, nothing about solutions to her problem.

She can just ignore any replies she doesn't like.  That goes with the territory when you post on a forum.

And the vast majority of replies here either offered advice or shared their own experiences.  Yet she clearly had a problem with all of us, even those who had gone out of their way in an effort to be helpful. 

Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She is venting.

She can just ignore any replies she doesn't like.  That goes with the territory when you post on a forum.

And the vast majority of replies here either offered advice or shared their own experiences.  Yet she clearly had a problem with all of us, even those who had gone out of their way in an effort to be helpful. 

Not surprising.