Respected Contributor

like others i have been frustrated by the lack of tracking information on certain packages -  for me it has been the ones they say have gone by U S mail.  the tracking info always comes up "no tracking info available at this time."   so when i received one of those packages today, i decided to have a close look.   first of all the number they have as the tracking number is nowhere on this package.  2nd,  it came by UPS Mail Innovations.  when i use the USPS tracking # on the package (no relation to the one on the order page) at ups-mi.net i get the tracking detail.  when i enter the USPS no on the package at UPS tracking i get detail. when i enter the USPS tracking # as usps.com, i get tracking detail.    so if we don't have the correct tracking #  -  which apparently we are not getting -   and if it is really UPS Mail innovations, and not exactly USPS, we aren't able to track at all.   so why bother loading in that number which they call a tracking number, i wonder?   

Honored Contributor

There certainly have been trade offs to get the cheaper shipping.  I have a post office box, to which I want most of my orders sent.  I'm four miles off the main road and I see no reason for the UPS truck to burn that much gas delivering my average make up or apparel item.  But occasionally I want UPS with big and heavy items.  Now when I specify on the original order it doesn't matter.  They send it how they feel like.  Both addresses appear on the label, so I'm mystified how to correct this.  Call C.S.?  I doubt if one tenth of one percent of customers are in my situation and no one will know what to do. 

Valued Contributor

I am expecting a package to be delivered tomorrow. It has been given to USPS.  When I tried to track it, I got the "No information" message.  How can this happen? I never received an item from QVC, because the mail person covered up my address label, so USPS sent it back.

I hope the item arrives tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath.  If this one fails to be delivered, then I am trhough with QVC.

Valued Contributor

The tracking is a joke for a lot of packages. I had one package that listed "no tracking information available" for days after I ordered it until it was delivered. It seems to be worse when it is shipped USPS. When there is info, it is incorrect. It will state that it is at a "shipping partner" for days, and then POOF, the order will be delivered. The only way QVC will get involved is if the package takes over 13 days, I think it is.

Honored Contributor

I had a package that was suppose to be delivered today USPS from some place else. The tracking showed out for delivery. I checked my mail & my package was not delivered with the mail. I called the Post Office & they called the mail lady & she came back by with my package.

The guy I talked to at the Post Office told me they were going to have a new system that should be up & working some time next month with better updated tracking. 

Honored Contributor

I don't fret about those packages.  I know the USPS has little or no tracking so I just figure it'll get here when it gets here.  We went for years not knowing where are packages were and we survived just fine.  Why the big panic to have your package identified at every stage of its journey?  What difference does it make?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've had no tracking for any item I ordered in the past couple of months.  Something I considered important had a due date of today.  I have no tracking and CS says it's still in Virginia. 

Actually, I'm relieved I'm not alone, it sounded like it was just me.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't fret about those packages.  I know the USPS has little or no tracking so I just figure it'll get here when it gets here.  We went for years not knowing where are packages were and we survived just fine.  Why the big panic to have your package identified at every stage of its journey?  What difference does it make?

It makes a big difference for security reasons.  Especially in more expensive areas, there are people following UPS trucks and grabbing packages moments after they are put on someone's doorstep.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: tracking info

[ Edited ]

To track a UPS Innovations package, just place the UPS tracking number into the UPS website and scroll all the way down to the bottom where it will state that it went to your post office and what the new tracking number is; take that number and use it on the USPS website.  

UPS has a feature called My Choice and when you subscribe to it there are many different options to choose from including changing a delivery date.  Also, I subscribe to their text messages and it notifies me a day before it is delivered with usually something like after 3:00PM.  

What I don't like about UPS is the run in CA really is hit and miss when it comes to accuracy.  For example, a lot of my things are drop shipped from the vendor in Los Angeles ....nice easy jaunt to Las Vegas, right?  Nope.  UPS has to make it silly.  They take my stuff and move it 400 miles north of Los Angeles and why?  Because they failed to separate out the packages.  Then, it has to come back down to Los Angeles to head East to Las Vegas.  Not only does it add on a couple extra days, it sometimes makes a difference as what week I'll get it for if it arrives on a Friday, forget it...UPS won't deliver it to me until end of day Monday.  If it's skincare or cosmetics it makes a huge difference as it's stored for 3 days in excessive heat.  But, I don't keep that stuff.....I notify Qvc and ship it right back.  

So, new distribution center or not (in Ontario CA), as long as Qvc allows UPS to go unchecked we will not necessarily get our stuff any quicker.  

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It makes a big difference for security reasons.  Especially in more expensive areas, there are people following UPS trucks and grabbing packages moments after they are put on someone's doorstep.

UPS has decent tracking and you can sign up to be notified when a package is coming.  It's the post office that doesn't track.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment