Esteemed Contributor

Re: Way too much communication...

[ Edited ]

I agree with you, and it gets annoying!

My husband orders his regular scripts via mail. I order my cholesterol and B Pressure meds via mail too (due to cheaper pricing). They call excessively when they receive the script (from Dr.), when they process it they call again, and when its mailed they call again. They also call to say we need to order refills. It drives me bonkers!

Also I used to be with CVS for my other meds (back meds. & meds needed asap if sick). I got junk mail after junk mail from CVS. I opted out of their emails and still got them!

i have since switched from CVS to a grocery store pharmacy for my back meds, (not due to communication due to other issues) I get zero calls from the new pharmacy and CVS stopped bothering me! Hooray! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

You don't want all those emails and text messages? Go in to your profile on the Walgreens website and change it. You're getting them because you agreed to them. 

Esteemed Contributor

There's nothing wrong with venting....don't see the problem here regarding the OP....

Esteemed Contributor

I don't give my e-mail address to every one that asks. Have you told this same story to Walgreens?

@151949 wrote:

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I don't try to "communicate" with all these people.  I have a decoy landline and just erase messages.  For email, gosh, I get so many I just ignore most of them--unless it's a good sale.  LOL  BTW, I do, of course, keep track of what I need and the time of my appts. myself.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is directed at other posters

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I don't give my e-mail address to every one that asks.

Ditto.  I always say something along the lines of, "I don't think you need that."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I did not mind going through the drugs with them to get things straight but the pharmacist made me  make an appointment and go to the store to go over these with him in person instead of just doing it on the phone and that irritated me. Isn't it common sense that if you now have a Rx for 2 new BP meds, and you are saying you don't need the previous meds , that you are correct, and the doctor has changed your Rx?

Pharmacists are held to the same strict privacy policies as physicians, hospitals, etc. He would have no way of knowing that it was you on the phone, hence the need to to it in person. Aren't you a retired nurse?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Way too much communication in our society?  Because your pharmacy offers notification options? That's really all it is.

You can opt in or out of all of that. Texts only, emails only, both, or neither.  

I have had no problems with any of this, and I find it helpful to get texts when my prescriptions are ready, so that's what I chose.  It's not "too much communication" - It's communication that they are making available to customers who view it as a convenience.  If you don't see it that way, then just opt out.

And it's perfectly possible to have your email and/or phone number on file and not receive any messages at all.  If you don't want to be informed "every step of the way", they're not forcing that on you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My pharmacy has 3 options when I order online.  1) be notified by email  2) be notified by phone or both.  You have to check these, so if nothing is checked, they do not notify me at all.

I never give any email address out on paper, hard copy.  I have 2 accounts.  One is my private account, and I only get emails from family and friends.I seem to have a great filter, because every single spam (which is a few) and such is sent to junk.  I review that.    The other email I use online to order and for online friends.

I do not give my cell out to even my Doctor or for emergency, or any email acct.  If I have to give a cell number for certain emergencies, I give my husband's.  His phone is security through work.  I don't even let my daughters and granddaughters send me group emails.  My last cell they grouped me, and other people somehow got cell#,  I was getting texts from their friends!!  What that an experience! LOL!

I don't do any social media either.  I know.   However I am a texting fiend and manage to be happy and well connected.