Honored Contributor

Re: Way too much communication...

Sometimes you just can't win.

You complain if there's too much communication, and you'd complain if there wasn't any communication. 

Respected Contributor

My dentist office does this, or did.  They'd call or send emails multiple times to remind me of appointments.  I asked them to STOP!  They did.  (At least for me.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

That's why I have resisted having my pharmacy text me. 

But what irritates me is that when I phone in a script and the pharmacy doesn't have the entire quantity of meds, they never call to tell me that. I get the surprise when I go to pick up the script. So now, I have to make two trips to pick up one script.

So true, and for older folks for whom getting around is a challenge, like my mother, this is more than a mere annoyance.  It also seems to be increasingly the norm.  You either wait for days for a medication to come it or they give a few days supply and then think it's acceptable for you to have to come back to get the full prescription. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the comments are rude and not necessary.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if this has to do with the financial stability of the drug store. If they only keep a few in stock their financial outlay is low, then when you bring in your Rx to be filled they order the full amount, knowing they will be paid before they have to pay out for what they got. It seems some drug stores can easily fill total quantities of a Rx right away and others you always have to go back.

Super Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

And Heaven help you if they deem you need a refill but you don't get it. For instance my doctor has changed a lot of my meds so I have Rx in there that I am no longer using. I get text after text after text to get them filled. I finally went to the drugstore and had a sit down with the pharmacist to get straight with the computer what my current Rx were.

Well how in the world is the pharmacy supposed to know that you didn't need the older scripts?  It's common sense for the pharmacy to follow-up if refills are still available.

It's not their responsibility to determine if a script is not needed.

Many people, especially the elderly, forget to take their prescribed meds as it is; a reminder from the pharmacy would at least keep them aware. 

This is really not a big deal in life's overall picture. jmoymmv

I agree Cakers, it is the patients responsibility to keep the pharmacy in the loop if your medication changes. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contains unkind meme.

Esteemed Contributor

The last time I used the automated phone line at Walgreens, it gave me an estimated pick up time.  I went two hours after that pick up time, and my prescription wasn't ready!  Since then, I've gone in person to get refills.  They are usually busy, and it tends to take a while to get scripts filled.

Honored Contributor

My pharmacy doesn't know I have a phone that can text (lol).  I have one RX that is filled every 90 days and I call it in and never hear a thing. 

One thing that was different for me this year, from a texting perspective was that one day, about a week before my periodic dental cleaning I received a text about my appointment.  I looked at it and said, who is this and what's the chuck is going on?  So I responded yest.  A couple of days later I get another reminder, I responded yes.  I then followed up with a phone call because my appointment card showed one time and each text showed 1/2 hour later than the appointment card.  I told the girl I at the dental office that I guess we were all lucky I bought a smart phone this year and finally got a data plan for texting otherwise on my old phone - I had ATT block texts because I didn't have a data plan. 

She said, oh, yes this is new and you can opt out if you want.  I didn't opt out but I couldn't help but wonder if it would have killed the office to contact patients and advise us of the text capability before assumming.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

in our society today. I needed Rx refills. I went on line and put in the Rx # at walgreens site. It immediately told me they will be ready for pickup tomorrow after 11AM. Fine. So far I have gotten 3 e mails and a text to tell me they have received the request for a refill and I'm absolutely certain as soon as they are filled it will generate several more e mails and texts to tell me that. I like the convenience and all of doing things electronically but Geez Louise - do I really need to be informed of each step along the way numerous times?

Feel the LOVE.

GOOD ONE!!!