Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

The person the police have arrested (the driver) has an extensive felony record.  They are still looking for 2 others that escaped that were in the car with him. It seems he was fleeing a crime he committed and found him self in the middle of the parade.  

Yes, I wonder how soon this story will go from "deliberate slaughter" and "possible terrorism" to "just a horrible accident."

Honored Contributor

Same question i ask,when people decide to hurt, kill, WHY?Just. such mean people ,and we never know when they will act.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Same question i ask,when people decide to hurt, kill, WHY?Just. such mean people ,and we never know when they will act.

Someone's history is a pretty good indicator of what kind of a person someone is. When you look at this guy's history, you can make a good argument he shouldn't have been out of prison and free to do what he did. There are just evil, amoral people who don't deserve to be free to harm others. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

The parade in Waukesha - a community of about 72,000 located to the west of Milwaukee - is traditionally held every year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and includes fancy dress, floats, dancers and marching bands. This year's theme was "comfort and joy".

Families lined the sides of the road to watch the event, which was returning after a year's absence due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Among those hit by the SUV, a dance team of girls aged between about nine and 15.

The Milwaukee Dancing Grannies said some of its members "were impacted and are waiting for word on their conditions".

"Please keep the Grannies, all those injured, and all those who witnessed this horrible event in your thoughts and prayers," the group wrote on it's facebook page.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee said one of its priests, multiple parishioners and students at a local Catholic school were among the injured.

Officials in Waukesha warned that the number of fatalities and injuries could change as additional information is collected.

The Mayor described the incident as a "horrible, senseless tragedy".

"I am deeply saddened to know that so many in our community went to a parade but ended up dealing with injury and heartache," he said.

Esteemed Contributor

When more of the info comes out  abt the person  who committed these murders  and of his motive ,  am sure this thread will be shut down  as have other threads abt other crimes.  This criminal has been identified and has a revealing social media page  full of

Hate  and    thoughts of  revenge .

Honored Contributor

It was murder. So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched an eyewitness interview and the man said that from his perspective the driver definitely appeared to be aiming for bodies. 

Who knows until official reports come out.

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

...But why???  

@BornToShop   I wonder, too.  There just isn't an answer to that ridiculous idea that someone had!!  The why? just keeps rolling around in your head.  Insane, evil person(s)...........

Respected Contributor

Whoever let this guy out on bail should be fired or resign immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@eadu4 wrote:

The person the police have arrested (the driver) has an extensive felony record.  They are still looking for 2 others that escaped that were in the car with him. It seems he was fleeing a crime he committed and found him self in the middle of the parade.  

Yes, I wonder how soon this story will go from "deliberate slaughter" and "possible terrorism" to "just a horrible accident."

Mr Darrell Brooks didn't just find himself in the middle of a parade.

That image of someone just making an unfortunate wrong turn into a parade route is a lie.

The parade route was blocked off and barricaded.  

Put yourself behind the steering wheel. You're facing a blocked off street, and seeing that, instead of taking the detour you think it's best to drive your vehicle through the barricades and barriers.

Now you're facing a Christmas Parade in progress. (This year's theme is "Comfort and Joy".)

Do you turn?

Back up?

Park the vehicle and disappear into the crowd?

No.

For a while you drive in the gap between watchers on the sidewalk and those parading in the street.

But you see that gap disappears ahead of you.

What will you do next?

According to witnesses you hit the accelerator and just drive through people like a bowling ball hits the pins.

That what happened.

That's what Mr Darrell Brooks did.

Nothing accidental about it.

At this point there are 5 dead and 40 injured.