Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

It occurs to me that the media is being given quite a picture of life in Wisconsin this week.  As a resident, I wish it could be a more positive impression.  Most of us really don't behave so badly.  

@deepwaterdotter, Nowadays, anything is possible anywhere.

We can only hope for positive change.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

...But why???  

An early report is that he was involved in a nearby stabbing and was fleeing that scene when he found himself in the parade route. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  I would never judge an entire state by what some groups do. I'm originally from So.Cal. where I spent my first 61 years and I still get sick of hearing "la la land" and "the land of the fruits and nuts." Stupid remarks.

I used to work with a woman from WI who was just as nice as could be!

Trusted Contributor

The Associated Press just reported at least 5 people are dead. This is so sad.

Trusted Contributor

Just read 5 dead and 40 injured.

Citizen Free Press gives name and picture of suspect.  He was released on bail 2 days ago and has a violent history.  More info on news cite.

Honored Contributor

This is so so horrible and unbelievably heartbreaking. I can't imagine.Imagine your child dancing in the parade and then she's no longer here. This is another nightmare!

And I am so sad and horrified about the evil that keeps happening in this world!

A stupid, selfish person mows down precious human beings.

So hard not to be sad and depressed about this country!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

The suspect in custody is now being identified on multiple news outlets.  He appears to be a career criminal with a very lengthy rap sheet, crimes ranging from the very violent to the insidious. 

He was out on bail after his most recent encounter with law enforcement. 

Trusted Contributor

The person the police have arrested (the driver) has an extensive felony record.  They are still looking for 2 others that escaped that were in the car with him. It seems he was fleeing a crime he committed and found him self in the middle of the parade.  

Honored Contributor

Well, love who you can when you can. It looks like we can be here today, gone tomorrow (or next minute!!) So sick of this!

And yest there is the totally opposite of good and beautiful things in this world.

Just more and more bizarre. Like a dream and a nightmare all in the same day or night.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Darrell Brooks Jr.