Respected Contributor

An SUV sped into the Waukesha Holiday parade on Sunday around 4:30, leaving multiple people injured.

A live video feed of the parade from the city of Waukesha showed a red SUV breaking through barriers and speeding into the roadway where the parade was taking place. 

A woman who lives on Main Street says she saw the SUV barrel through a dance team of girls between 9 and 15 years old. She says the immediate reaction was silence, followed by screaming, running, checking on those injured.

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Milwaukee news channels are reporting that police have the red SUV and tthe name of a person of interest.

Respected Contributor

Re: Waukesha, Wisconsin

[ Edited ]

Police in Waukesha are urging people to avoid the downtown area.

A public safety alert sent out Sunday night encouraged residents within a half mile radius of downtown to shelter in place and wait to be given an all clear message. ... “Tonight was a traumatic situation for the city of Waukesha," Mayor Shawn Reilly said.

The Carroll University campus is on lockdown due to an ongoing incident. Please stay safe and in your location until further notice and shelter in place.

Trusted Contributor

I heard they have one person in custody, but two others are on the loose. That's why the shelter in place was announced.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

new story every day.......

Esteemed Contributor

Caught the car on video. They/he/she will be caught. The only good news.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The interviews I'm seeing on TV right now with parade attendees show parade watchers who appear to be "shell-shocked", even though they are giving coherent accounts--  they saw horrible carnage, that appeared out of nowhere. 

11 adults, 12 child patients transported to six different hospitals.

Praying for these traumatized victims and spectators.

Respected Contributor

...But why???  

Honored Contributor

Re: Waukesha, Wisconsin

[ Edited ]

It occurs to me that the media is being given quite a picture of life in Wisconsin this week.  As a resident, I wish it could be a more positive impression.  Most of us really don't behave so badly.