Trusted Contributor

Re: Visits From Loved Ones Who Have Passed

my dad passed suddenly 4 yrs ago... i never got to say goodbye... i soooo hope hes watching over me... im sure he is... alot of times i still talk to him.. i tell him to give me a sign if hes with me... nothing.... i did have at least 4 or 5 dreams about him and they say thats a sign... and strange dreams too... i'd be so happy if my dad gave me a sign..

Honored Contributor

I beleive these things come from GOD, to help us.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Reading these posts had me in tears. My husband died 12 years ago November 2. I was with him the whole 1+ year he fought his illness until he couldn't fight anymore and asked to be taken off everything helping him stay alive. I then spent 3 days in intensive care so he would not be alone when he took his last breath.

We had 30 wonderful years together ..... not enough but every moment precious. I still love that man as much as I did when he was alive.. 

I don't smell anything. Instead it is as if I can feel his presence. We weren't lucky enough to have children so it was just the two of us. He was my husband, best friend, confident and main support. And I truly believe he is still here with me waiting until I can join him and we can be together again.

Honored Contributor

I 100% believe and I have seen and communicated with those who have passed..both spirits and ghosts, humans and pets, but I have never smelled the scent of anyone.  My mother never wore perfume, maybe that is why.

These visits from loved ones are very comforting. They are letting us know they are still around us and will be waiting for us when it is our turn to join them.  We don't have to pass all alone.

Honored Contributor

No. I belief that death is the end. But I suppose that some scent might possibly linger a long time, especially in an enclosed environment.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

No. I belief that death is the end. But I suppose that some scent might possibly linger a long time, especially in an enclosed environment. 

There is a medical condition:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/temporal-lobe-seizure/expert-answers/phantosmia/faq-2...

Also a theory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

Honored Contributor

Something happened to Mr Cherry and myself. I am not sure what it was ,or what it meant. Someone appeared to know me, I have no idea who they were...They looked at me with such recognition ,and  genuine affection ,I turned around to see who they were looking at. There was no one standing behind me.   I know they instantly  knew ,who I was..Its a long story

Honored Contributor

Oh yea, many times.  I've never been afraid.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I have smelled a strange after shave, or mens cologne that is just for a moment, like you mentioned, @Anonymous032819. Several times, this has happened here at the house. But, I still have my dh and my father. I have no idea where or who its coming from.

Regular Contributor

I would venture to guess that all who have had visits from loved ones also love Dr Oz because he is a huge fan of Theresa Camuto and has had her on many times calling her channeling as a help to others.  Also, on his show Tyler Henry, Char Margolis, Kim Russo, Bobbi Allison, and Laura Lynne Jackson. I happened to be watching his show earlier this year when he had Anna Raimondi on who investigated an old house that the current owner claim to be haunted and she said yes, many had died there.  Gee what are the odds that an old house would have an owner that passed away.. 

Yet, many people dislike Dr Oz.