Respected Contributor

A few 🎼🎶 🎵 🎶 on a phone call....

When I answered the extension for my landline, there was no caller ID on the handset. So, thinking it was going to be a robocall or a live marketing or scam call, I was ready to hang up.  

Then an an almost recognizable voice said there is a message for you...and then she began playing the piano:  Happy Birthday # 75.  She had lost her voice over the weekend and couldn’t sing.

We will be going to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch and then our next favorite thing...shopping.  Needless to say, we celebrate at least one full week !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Re: A few 🎼🎶 🎵 🎶 on a phone call....

@jlkz 

Happy Birthday!!!! What a thoughtful call. 

(I'm guessing this was your twin sister calling? I hope I got that right lol)

I hope you two have a great time celebrating your special day!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@SunSprite 

No, the piano playing caller is a long time close friend from 47 years ago.  She worked for me at Bell and we became fast friends !!!

Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

@jlkz 

Wow you guys have been friends for a very long time! That is truly something special to cherish. 

I'm sorry I guessed wrong but I hope you both have a great time together--I have no doubt you will! Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@jlkz  You are my kind of person.  We've always made a really big deal about our birthdays.

Now my girls make a big deal about their children's birthdays and expect  the husband's to just like my late husband used to do.

I have no time for people who get all grumpy on their birthday.  Get over it!  You either have a birthday....or your dead!  Right?

We call them Hanauka birthdays.  They go on for a long time!

When my girls would open their bedroom door there would be balloons and streamers hanging around the door.  

One or two gifts would be outside of the door.  I love birthdays.

When I turned 70 (this December I'll be 73) my girls and sons-in-law had a huge birthday party for me.  I saw friends I haven't seen in a long time.  My girls had it catered.

Another time my son-in-law rented an Uber and I took 4 friends to DC and we saw Barry Manilow perform live.  It was so much fun.  We were in the stands dancing and singing.

Oh!  The celebrations my late husband had for me when he was alive.

Go, celebrate...have fun.  You survived another year in this crazy world.  Here's to more years to come!  Hugs to you.Heart

Honored Contributor

I just remembered something....So as I've told you guys we were married 7 years before we had children.

This was back in the late 60's and very early 70's.  There was a group of us (all young and married) who hung out together.  We were all around early 20's, no children, married.

We'd go to parties.  Back then you didn't really even have to know the people.  Just bring some beer and have fun.  There'd usually be a band and it would be at someone's house or apartment.

So, we'd (my husband and always a couple or two) would be at a party and eventually I'd say to my friend, "OMG!  I feel a birthday coming on".  She'd say, "No...not here...not now".

I'd say, "I can't hold it back any longer....I need some birthday love".  (It wasn't my birthday)...

Suddenly, I'd stand up (sometimes on a chair depending on where we were) and I'd say, "Attention people...It's my birthday.  I need some birthday love...sing me a birthday song".

Everyone would burst out the Happy Birthday song!  It was so much fun!  I mean who doesn't know the birthday song!

Sometimes these people would be so drunk they could hardly spit it out, but they'd try.

My friend and I barely drank.  Actually I didn't drink at all.  Never cared for the taste and neither did my friend.

I love that freaking birthday song.  It's easy....it send love...and everyone knows the thing.

Never take for granted you know the Happy Birthday song...when you are blue sing it to yourself...it will cheer you right up.

I've never had to be drunk to have fun.  I know people who are uptight and have to have a drink to loosen them up.  My late husband was like that.  If you didn't know me you'd think I was drunk but I never drink.

Are any of you like that?  Just like to have fun...don't need anything to loosen up...

I loved the way @jlkz put up her subject.  I hope she comes back and tells us all about her happy birthday.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

It has been a very difficult year since last November when DH was diagnosed with Afib on top of heart failure.

He has had many procedures but the two from end of October have turned the tide on the Afib.  The Ablation procedure took 5.5 hours to remove the scar tissue.  Then a combined pacemaker/ defibrillator was implanted.

The 8-hour procedure worked wonders as did all the prayer warriors from all over.  Now, the outpumping from the lower ventricle needs attention.

He looks and feels great:  that is something to truly celebrate.  A great birthday present 🎁!

Last week, I kicked off the early start of lunch celebrations with two nuns that I love dearly from my college.  Today, the 18th, we drove back from a weekend in Cape May and I then took off for my favorite pizza place while DH went to work.  Lunch and shopping with my piano-playing friend another lunch with a college friend.

I had one fancy birthday party at a favorite restaurant for my 50th...not a surprise since I picked the couples to attend.

we prefer the quiet celebrations, even for our 50th anniversary.

Your family and friends celebrations, past and present, sound great !

Over the weekend, we had Chinese takeout one time.  My fortune cookie hit the nail on the head:  “ Every day above ground is a good one !  “

Now, if I could just figure out how that 75 crept up on me !

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz @Thank you for sharing about your celebrations.

You sure have been busy.

You started me thinking Bout how when we get married ((especially back like I did..barely 19), I/we have no idea what we (as couple) will endure..

I’ve always been a person who believes things happen for a reason.  We might understand at the time ...or ever..but if we can, it helps us to endure.

Your saying about every day above ground has been my mantra for a long time.

I also like this one..”Today is a gift from GOD.  He has given us 24 hours to use as we wish.  When the day is done, I hope I don’t regret the price I’ve paid for it.”

Take care sweet girl, be safe.  Fondly, Annabelle/Linda