Honored Contributor

Re: UPS annoyed me big timešŸ˜”

It sometimes depends on who the sender is; some require a signature if the contents of the pkg is worth over over a certain amt of money.
Honored Contributor

Did they leave it with a neighbor and the neighbor put it by your driveway in the road? UPS left a pkg halfway on my front porch and halfway on the sidewalk in the pouring rain. The contents were ruined.
Honored Contributor

They never ring then doorbell anymore at my house. Wish they would.
Honored Contributor

Another issue now is that in most cases, UPS takes it so far,  then hands off to USPS for delivery. All bets are off when they give it to USPS. If there is an issue with a delivery now, they both blame the other; impossible to figure out who was at fault. I think the system is designed that way. Holiday deliveries should be a real adventure. 

Honored Contributor

Some retailers require a signature because of the value of the item.  Anything I get from Gem Shopping Network, I have to sign for. I would have to leave work early to sign for it.  If it's UPS or FedEx, or any other shipping service.  One time FedEx did not drop off a package on my porch,  They left a note they would try again.  I was really ticked off.  It a premium jean,under $300.00 and they didn't require a signature.  I called FedEx complained and they came back the next day and dropped it off.  Most of the time UPS delivers My Choice.  Just drops it off.  Of all the carriers, I prefer UPS.

Respected Contributor

In My choice for UPS, am setup for no-signature deliveries except items such as wine, which always requires signature of over-18 person!

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I ordered online from a merchant and UPS made one attempt to deliver, left me a notice, and said I needed to pick up my package at an access point.  If I wanted them to redeliver I would be charged a $6 fee and have to go on their site and pay by credit card.  So now you might pay a shipping fee to the merchant and have to pay another shipping fee to UPS if you aren't home when they try to deliver and need a redelivery.  What a scam.

@Snoopp  I had the same problem last week.  We had rain, the door was closed, UPS delivered late in the day and I missed the "knock" at the door.  When I went to the door to check delivery since it was late, I found packages delivered all rained on, soaked and uncovered (they used to cover boxes in plastic bags when raining).  Also on the door was a label for "attempted delivery" requiring signature (it was wine); checked was the box that stated UPS would deliver the next "deliverable" day which was done next day.  I signed, unfortunately the incorrect wine was sent and I will need to watch for Thursday delivery of replaced wine this week! UPS MyChoice has it listed for Thursday delivery.