Honored Contributor

Uggh uggh uggh, at least PC Richards is open to 9 and we will have a new one on Saturday and well the freezer is still working.

Right now all the saleable food is in a cooler bag and lets hope it will stay.

Its been a long day, just what I wanted to do this weeked fill a new fridge.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that!  How do you know it can't be repaired?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  today most appliances are not worth the trouble of repairing.

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that!  How do you know it can't be repaired?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox, sorry for your woes.  I'm not sure how old your fridge was, but this may be a blessing.  When we bought our first home, all of the appliances were included, which we were very thankful for.  I never gave them a second thought until our fridge died.  Turned out it was over 25 years old.  When we bought a new one it was so energy efficient it paid for itself in a couple of years!  Hang in there and good luck.

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain! Sounds like you have a handle on the situation so that's good. I know it is a huge inconvenience and am glad your freezer is still working. I tried to get mine fixed last year and the repairman said the life of a fridge is 10 years; it they are older than that, they don't work on them....yikes! Guess it's how they sell new refrigerators  now......they just don't fix the old ones!

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

My basic Whirlpool Refrigerator is 23 yrs young - and still going strong. I'm not into those electronic appliances with the water dispenser on the front door --- so hoping I go before my refrigerator does.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox

Most of the time, it's not worth repairing an appliance. Just think that you'll have a spanking brand new refrigerator!!!! Exciting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Our Fridge Died Tonight

[ Edited ]

Love my about 6-month old LG if you are thinking about a new one. 

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your Fridge.The same thing happen to us but on a Saturday night.  We lost  all our food in both sections.  Repair estimate was over half of a new fridge. Got a new one and more energy efficient. Hope your weekend goes betterSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have two refrigerators in my home...one is newer, the other one must be at least 10 years old.

within a few months, both refrigerators would not get cold, but the freezers worked.  The new fridge was under warranty, so we called.  They replaced some giggity bob  that froze up and it worked perfectly.

When, we were getting our dishwasher repaired...under warranty, I asked the repairman about the second fridge.  He fixed it for $100 cash, under the table, same problem as the new fridge.  I know the replaced part was not even close to costing $100, but it was a deal because I did not have to,pay a separate service fee.

Appliances are not made to last like they used to be, even if you buy top of the line.