Honored Contributor

Re: UPS annoyed me big timešŸ˜”

How is it a scam?  You can pick your package up for free at the Access Point.  It's not Ups's fault that you chose not to answer the door.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

How is it a scam?  You can pick your package up for free at the Access Point.  It's not Ups's fault that you chose not to answer the door.  

Maybe you like to pay for shipping and then go pick up your package but I don't.  And I don't want to pay an additional shipping fee to UPS after I pay the merchant to ship.  I won't get into the weight and size of the item that needs to be carried quite a distance from access point to car.  But be my guest and pay twice if you like.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I ordered online from a merchant and UPS made one attempt to deliver, left me a notice, and said I needed to pick up my package at an access point.  If I wanted them to redeliver I would be charged a $6 fee and have to go on their site and pay by credit card.  So now you might pay a shipping fee to the merchant and have to pay another shipping fee to UPS if you aren't home when they try to deliver and need a redelivery.  What a scam.

@Snoopp  You have to call the 800 number and ask for it to be delivered again.  No way you have to do what you were told, I have never heard of that.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

They don't do the sign the notice thing anymore?  I got surprised by a delivery I didn't know I had to sign for several months ago and the notice said I could sign it and leave it on the door to give them permission to leave it the next day.

They must really be overwhelmed these days to say once and done and then charge their own delivery fee. 

@Laura14  Due to UPS losing quite a few of my packages, I always have to sign, but I never sign and leave the notice for them because if they lost something else, I would have no recourse.

Esteemed Contributor

Do they ring the doorbell? I sure did not hear anything today. Lucky I looked out the open door.

Valued Contributor

I have a package that the computer states was delivered last Friday by the post office. The route it took was first by UPS and then given to the post office. I went to the post office and they told me they didn't deliver it it must have been UPS. However the time of day listed for the delivery was the time we always get our mail. UPS comes a few hours earlier so I have my doubts. Tomorrow I need to call UPS and inquire.

I do have my tracking number. I will keep you posted. Em

Honored Contributor

Never has UPS been so slow or their service so slovenly.  I had a package sent from the Ontario, Ca., warehouse that made it to Phoenix and sat there a week before continuing on to Albuquerque.  I just had one take 5 days to get from Hodgkins, Il. to Albuquerque.  Driver must have fallen asleep by the roadside and forgot to set an alarm.

I never have to sign for anything; they just hit and run.

New Mexicoā˜€ļøLand Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I am not looking forward to purchasing during the Holiday season...

Trusted Contributor

@embgm wrote:

I have a package that the computer states was delivered last Friday by the post office. The route it took was first by UPS and then given to the post office. I went to the post office and they told me they didn't deliver it it must have been UPS. However the time of day listed for the delivery was the time we always get our mail. UPS comes a few hours earlier so I have my doubts. Tomorrow I need to call UPS and inquire.

I do have my tracking number. I will keep you posted. Em

@embgm It should say under the tracking if UPS transfered it to the post office. If they didn't and delivered it it normally says "We'll be in your area and will deliver it"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

I ordered online from a merchant and UPS made one attempt to deliver, left me a notice, and said I needed to pick up my package at an access point.  If I wanted them to redeliver I would be charged a $6 fee and have to go on their site and pay by credit card.  So now you might pay a shipping fee to the merchant and have to pay another shipping fee to UPS if you aren't home when they try to deliver and need a redelivery.  What a scam.

@Snoopp

Maybe this was requested by the merchant to assure something was delivered. I never had problems with UPS...maybe your area is overwhelmed with deliveries and not enough people to get it all done so they resorted to this. I would call and talk to someone......... 

UPS just bangs on my door twice says "UPS" and then leaves the package......

But that does sound like something Fed Ex does (at least thats what the've done to me)..... My brother who lives out of state made a DVD of family photos and wanted me to get it before Christmas to share with other relatives at a Christmas Party, so he specifically indicated to waive signature since if it was stolen it would be meaningless to anyone except family members.  But Fed Ex insisted on a signature and since I was working crazy hours at that time I wasnt available during delivery time or to go pick it up at a delivery center.  My brother had to raise hell with a Supervisor to get it left at my door.

Another time I caught Fed Ex in a lie, they left a notice 3rd and final delivery attempt and my tracking showed they had tried only ONCE!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.ā€