Honored Contributor

Just watched the new Alexa ad.

I need one that gets me from room to room so I can get what I went in the other room for.

Keep getting side-tracked,  Funny how it goes in a circle and awhile later, I'll finally get what I originally set out for or to do. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Just watched the new Alexa ad.

Ha Ha Ha, that’s funny how that happens.  When they make one of those. I’ll buy one😂🤣

Valued Contributor

QualityGal

Ha Ha Ha, that’s funny how that happens.  When they make one of those. I’ll buy one😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  says......Alexa, remind me to change the bed clothes in one minute when I arrive in the bedroom.

One minute later in the bedroom, "Change the bedclothes".

Gotta love Alexa. I do.

Honored Contributor

When Alexa can cook and clean for me, l'll have her in my home! Until then, I'll manage without her.  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@qualitygal  says......Alexa, remind me to change the bed clothes in one minute when I arrive in the bedroom.

One minute later in the bedroom, "Change the bedclothes".

Gotta love Alexa. I do.

Have you tested that? I don't know if you can set a reminder for one device from a different device. Reminders are device-specific.

You should be able to play music/radio on one device from another, but I've found it can be finicky. I can sometimes get my Echo to turn on the radio in a room I'm not yet in, but other days it will turn on the radio in the room I'm in and not the room I wanted. It's very inconsistent. But I haven't tried it at all with a reminder yet. Maybe I'll use the app to remind me to try it tonight. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

When Alexa can cook and clean for me, l'll have her in my home! Until then, I'll manage without her.  Woman LOL

Maybe, but you might be surprised. Smiley Happy Being able to change the thermostat or turn lights on/off without moving was worth the price of admission for a Nest and some Echos for me. (The Nest has also helped me lower my electric bill, so added bonus there.)